I'm going to put on a 0,08 set of strings instead of my usual 0,10, and i'm going to play in D# (half step down). I got three springs in now, do i need to take away one so there's only two springs left to reduce the tension so i can tune or will it work with three strings?
i've never used 8s, but 3 works fine with 9s, anyway. i guess, play it by ear? if it works, leave them in, if not, consider 2 springs?

could be wrong, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
just a quick question, why are you putting on 8's in the first place.

it'll be harder to get harmonics / pinch harmonics
I have now unscrewed the screws pretty much and the tension is still too big, so i'll take out one spring, does it matter wich one? Does it matter how i have the strings atatched?

I wanted to try it and i got nothing better to do than getting mad att my floyd :P
8's may be easy to bend and shred on, but putting them down a half step will be fret buzz city unless you have you action an inch off the fretboard
i'd take out the middle spring, and move the outside two into an arrow shape (or else move them across one step to the inside). if that makes sense. i'm not quite sure how to illustrate that easily...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
1/2 step down with 8's?

..your tuning stability will be non-existent
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Is it really that impossible? so you think i should go standard? I like playing in D#....
ah, if you're tuning 1/2 a step down i'd probably go with 9s to be honest. that's going to be very slack, as the seagull says. i like my strings to be pretty loose for easy bending and vibrato, and i'd use 10s for 1/2 step down...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well, thanks for everything, but i'ma try half down with the 8s since that's the only strings i got atm.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?