Page 1 of 2
Well.. do you?

So many people blame phil for dimebag's death. What the **** is up with that?
Who knows how it would have turned out if pantera was still together, apparently dimebag and vinnie ware hes targets and that peace of shit was sick so it doesn't mean he wouldn't have went for it in a different show.

Yeah, phil broke pantera up with hes heroin bullshit, but when phil joined pantera, their whole sound changed and they became what they're known today. Can you imagine pantera with any other vocalist? Yeah, it's ****ed up that pantera broke up, but maybe it was their time. Look how many bands stay together for ever and start to write shitty music and change their sound, for example metallica. I think phil is one of the best metal vocalists around and it seems like every band he's into gets somewhere.

Discuss!!
What a random thread.

No, I don't hate Phil Anselmo. He used to be a great singer. Now he just screams and bellows. (Which works fine for Down, but it's just not my style.)

Anyways, you might want to take this to the Pantera or Down thread.
People who blame Phil for Dimebag's death are just stupid. It's like blaming the deaths of people in a bombed building on the person who built the place. Kind of.

And do I hate Phil? No. Never met the man. Hate is much too strong an emotion to feel about someone you don't actually know.
Try imagining them with Terry Glaze then.

But, really..There's no need to really hate him unless you know him personally. I guess you can judge by the fact that maybe he's done some stupid things, but it's not like you really know him. He doesn't seem like a bad guy though. Just done sum stupid sh!t ya know?
i've never met him so no. neither i or anyone who is going to post in this thread can say otherwise
It really gets on my tits that everyone still loves Pantera.

Don't get me wrong, they are a great band, but they had their time. Dimebag is dead and gone, get over it.

No I don't hate Phil Anselmo. I do think that he could have cut back on the booze a little.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Now he just screams and bellows. (Which works fine for Down, but it's just not my style.)
He sings a lot in down too, at least in two latest albums. Hes vocals are ****in awesome in 'III: Over The Under', he's not just
screaming.
Quote by fleajr_1412
It really gets on my tits that everyone still loves Pantera.

Don't get me wrong, they are a great band, but they had their time. Dimebag is dead and gone, get over it.

No I don't hate Phil Anselmo. I do think that he could have cut back on the booze a little.

...It bothers you that people like a band that is no longer in the limelight?

Sounds like you're the kind of person who gets worked up over stupid things.
Quote by ToweringFlesh
blah blah blah and it seems like every band he's into gets somewhere.

Discuss!!

Aside from Pantera/Down/Superjoint Ritual, he was in:
Viking Crown, Enoch, Necrophagia, Christ Inversion, Southern Isolation, Razor White, Eibon , Body And Blood, Arson Anthem, and Samhain (Not Danzig's Samhain). And all those bands have hit the #1 spot.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by Rockford_rocks
...It bothers you that people like a band that is no longer in the limelight?

Sounds like you're the kind of person who gets worked up over stupid things.

I'm just saying that they are given a bit more credit than they are due, and that they time has gone. There are plenty of great bands that are just as good if not better than Pantera, so I'm just saying that some people (not pointing the blame at anyone in particular) shouldn't live in the past.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
I think I made a thread on this, back in April :/

I agree with you on some parts... But I don't "Hate" him personally.
I hate what he did to Pantera. But yes. He brought a new voice to Pantera, so..
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
Quote by fleajr_1412
I'm just saying that they are given a bit more credit than they are due, and that they time has gone. There are plenty of great bands that are just as good if not better than Pantera, so I'm just saying that some people (not pointing the blame at anyone in particular) shouldn't live in the past.

I disagree. There are a 4368374697323 Pink Floyd fans still out there. I think we should worry about them more than a couple people talking about Dime.
Quote by CTFOD
Aside from Pantera/Down/Superjoint Ritual, he was in:
Viking Crown, Enoch, Necrophagia, Christ Inversion, Southern Isolation, Razor White, Eibon , Body And Blood, Arson Anthem, and Samhain (Not Danzig's Samhain). And all those bands have hit the #1 spot.

Superjoint never really went far.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by nebiru
Superjoint never really went far.

I was gonna say, but most people who like Pantera/Down know of Superjoint.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by CTFOD
I was gonna say, but most people who like Pantera/Down know of Superjoint.

Yeah, I guess you're right about it when you think of it that way.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
anselmo's voice back in the day, could almost be described in virtuosity.
and no, i don't think anyone has the right to "hate" him.
like anything else; people only need a target to place the blame upon.
There's a road that leads to the end of all suffering. You should take it.

- Jericho Caine

secret, aaaaagent maaan.
secret, aaaaagent maaan.
Phil was the only thing keeping Pantera from selling out. I love Dimebag but damn...Damageplan...it sucked. Vinnie's Hell Yeah...it was awful. Down = still good. Blaming Phil because some nut job shot Dimebag is stupid.
"Oh, it's just you." - Famous Last Words
(Invalid img)

It was his time, if Pantera were still together then he woulda died some other way probably
Say hi

Playing: Sleeping Dogs, FIFA 13, Guild Wars 2, Borderlands 2
Reading: The Hobbit

Watching: How I met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, 24

Listening: Muse - The 2nd Law
Quote by undead_bunny
Phil was the only thing keeping Pantera from selling out. I love Dimebag but damn...Damageplan...it sucked. Vinnie's Hell Yeah...it was awful.

The front man of Damageplan always pissed me off. Both, how he looks and hes dumb stupid voice.
Phil is in no way responsible for Dime's death, an ex-marine who got mentally ****ed from combat is responsible. I do not hate Phil either. He said some shit he definetly shouldnt have, and all the drug use didnt help, but it doesnt make him responsible. I think Rita and Vinnie are being a little too shitty to phil over this as well. Granted he said and did all this shit, but at the same time, somebody he'd known and (mostly) been friends with had been tragically killed, and they wouldnt even give him 5 minutes with Dime at the funeral. We all say shit we dont mean...

RIP Dime
Congrats to Phil for getting clean and fixed up
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Anyone who thinks Phil is responsible is sick in the head. Phil rules and Dimebag was cool to. It was just that the marine twat was a loon.
I think it's stupid to think it was his fault Dimebag died.

And I'm pissed of at the amount of people that call Dirtbag "the greatest guitarist ever" just because he died. I used to like Dimebag and Pantera but the constant cocksucking is just annoying. Let the man RIP.
Phil said Dime needed his ass kicked, not someone should kill him. There's a big difference there. It's not Phil's fault Nathan Gale killed Dime. I've had several fights with friends and we have always patched things up sooner or later. Maybe Dime and Phil could've patched things up someday if Gale hadn't killed him.
He is good at what he does.

The reason Dime died is because of a crazy obsessed fan.
don't care

don't really like pantera
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
wow, i cant believe i havent seen a post that said
"you guys suck! Phil is a fag, DIMEBAG 4EVA LOLOLOL!!!!!!!"

it's kinda nice ya know?
I don't blame him for Dime's death and I think he's a great vocalist. I do greatly dislike him though.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
It was a mutual breakup. There was a lack of communication between all of the bandmates. Not just Phil or not just Dime Vinnie or Rex. They should have talked stuff out and they didn't.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
no
i dont blame him for what happened to dime
and from what i've heard he's a pretty cool dude
i was like "____" this close to meeting him.....
Quote by Killedelphia19
wow, i cant believe i havent seen a post that said
"you guys suck! Phil is a fag, DIMEBAG 4EVA LOLOLOL!!!!!!!"

it's kinda nice ya know?

+1, Im surprised there arent really any fanboys in here telling us how he wuz teh best guitarist evers.

But seriously, who cares who killed dime? nobody here knew anyone involved, just let it go.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Quote by Ktool The Girth
But seriously, who cares who killed dime? nobody here knew anyone involved, just let it go.
He's dead???
Page 1 of 2