Page 1 of 3
Searchbar has turned up nothing but Zune vs. Ipod threads, so I figure why not have a thread dedicated to the Zune!

This thread is for anyone that wants to discuss Zune News (Like the newest frimware, new models, etc.), anyone who has a question regarding their Zune, or anyone that is not sure on what PMP to purchase.

I'll start, has anyone else downloaded the new Zune Firmware yet? I like it!

I'll also keep a running tab of who has which model and their Zune.net name.

Zune News
Microsoft has confirmed and released the newest Zune model, It now comes in white, black, red, and now blue. If want one and havent gotten one, get on it!

(http://gizmodo.com/5050743/new-zune-colors-revealed-in-30-software)

ALERT!
NEW ZUNE FIRMWARE! Version 3.1 adds three new games, and fixes bugs that were apparent in the 3.0 build.

Zune.net/Model

Baconfrenzy117-"Baconfrenzy117"-Zune 30gb model
redwolf206-"Expedition Dan"-Zune 80gb model
Boomersoonr-"Boomer Soonr"-Zune 80gb model
Kata Dante-"Kata Dante"-Zune 30gb model
Inimical-"Inimical666"-Zune 80gb model
Shaundiel-"Shaundiel"-Zune 4gb model
PaperStSoapCo-"PaperStSoapCo"-Zune 8gb model
VadarRevan-"VadarRevan"-Zune 80 gb model
Yellowfrizbee-"Yellowfrizbeex"-Zune 30 & 80 gb models
I can do it!

And so can you!

Last.fm
Last edited by BaconFrenzy117 at Nov 18, 2008,
I want to try a Zune, instead of the crap Apple comes out with.
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
Quote by McLovin-
I want to try a Zune, instead of the crap Apple comes out with.

Do it, It was either an old used 30gb Apple Ipod Video or a new Zune 30gb.

I think they are better then the ipod.
I can do it!

And so can you!

Last.fm
Try Archos. They make really good stuff. I have an archos mp3 player with a dvd quality screen(highest resolution of any mp3 player), wifi, internet radio and tv,touchscreen, with 80 gb of storage. It costs less than the itouch!
I have a Zune 80 and I love it. Expedition Dan is my zune name.
Gear:
Schecter 006 Elite
Dean VX
Some Memphis 3/4th Strat copy
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60w
Quote by redwolf206
I have a Zune 80 and I love it. Expedition Dan is my zune name.

Sweet, If I upgrade, Im porbably going to upgrade to the Zune 80. But atm, Im quite happy with my Zune 30.

Do you have the new Frimware with all the new stuff? Like the games and the new radio/marketplace?
I can do it!

And so can you!

Last.fm
The new Zune 80/8/4 are REALLY nice. They just feel 'better' in terms of quality and due to the glass screen, the screen is looads clearer than the old one and it doesn't scratch as easily! win/win situation.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
The new Zune 80/8/4 are REALLY nice. They just feel 'better' in terms of quality and due to the glass screen, the screen is looads clearer than the old one and it doesn't scratch as easily! win/win situation.

That is my one problem with the Zune 30gb. I scratched up the screen about 1 week after my warranty went out. So now I have to decide if I really want to send it out to a third-party repair center.

So eventually I will upgrade, just not now.
I can do it!

And so can you!

Last.fm
I own a 80gb Zune and i freakin love it, Saetia88 is the name. To bad not too many people have zunes around here =[
Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...
I got my iPod out yesterday, I literally could not move for people trying to succently draw on my testes. I distracted them with the innovative clickwheel control, and made my escape.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Quote by ToweringFlesh
I can't image anything that's good what microsoft comes out.

Not only did you fail on constructing a coherant sentence, you also just jumped onto one of the biggest bandwagons in techy history.
For that sir, you fail.
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Have an 80gb, love it. They just came out with a 120gb too

Boomer Soonr is my account name.
Fender MIM Strat

Schecter C-1 Blackjack ATX FR

Line 6 Spider III 75 (Upgrading to Bugera 6262 soon)
Quote by Yngwi3

Not only did you fail on constructing a coherant sentence, you also just jumped onto one of the biggest bandwagons in techy history.
For that sir, you fail.

Ahh.. ****, you got me bastard!!
ive had 2 80Gb, 1 30Gb, and an 8 GB, and only the 8Gb has survived, all others have had fatal software probelms, so i got an ipod. if my Ipod lasts more than 2 months, im blaming zune's new software. i loved my zune till they kept breaking. so when they is more stable, ill get a new one
Gear
Ibanez RG421EXFM
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Epiphone Futura Prophecy Custom
Martin 1970's D-28
I have a 30gb white zune. I actually got it for $99 because I'd ordered the brown one, which was on sale for that price, but they were out of brown and sent me white instead. Pretty good deal if you ask me. I've never had any problems with it. The screen is huge, has regular updates, songs from Windows Media player are automatically put in your Zune collection, and you can change the background. So many good things about it. The only negative thing I can find is that it doesn't have a clock.

btw, I just downloaded the new software and firmware...games! cool!

oh and my zune name is Kata Dante.

EDIT: Never mind about the clock thing. They added one in the new firmware update!
deviantART ||| flickr
┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘
last.fm zune
coryklok is my e-hubby! ^_^
rip Billy Mays <3
Last edited by Kata Dante at Sep 16, 2008,
Quote by Bletic
ive had 2 80Gb, 1 30Gb, and an 8 GB, and only the 8Gb has survived, all others have had fatal software probelms.

First I've ever heard of that, not even on ZuneBoards.
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

My Zune crapped out after three months.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by BaconFrenzy117
Sweet, If I upgrade, Im porbably going to upgrade to the Zune 80. But atm, Im quite happy with my Zune 30.

Do you have the new Frimware with all the new stuff? Like the games and the new radio/marketplace?

New firmware?!

Whaaaaaaa?

*rushes to update*
80 gig Zune! So happy about the new firmware, I've had it for only a few months and have been eager to get something with a clock on it! Games are a nice bonus, too.

Zune name is Inimical666, I think my actually Zune is named "Andrew's Zune" or something like that...
Quote by archangels666
New firmware?!

Whaaaaaaa?

*rushes to update*

yeah, go get it man!

And i was reading some of the other posts and i have also never heard of a Zune having fatal software problems of that magnitude.

I have heard of the pressure cracks on the screen, but not software problems.

And the current gen of Zunes, form what I can gather is very, very, very stable.
I can do it!

And so can you!

Last.fm
Seen lots of people with questions or stuff about their Zunes, Thats why I made this thread!

I can do it!

And so can you!

Last.fm
okay, has anyone gotten the "screen 5, contact support" screen? i got that with 2-3 broken zunes, and i had to send both in, they ended up giving me a gift card for a new zune, but i didnt get the warrenty on the 2nd one = ( so my advice to zune people out there, dont download too much pirated music, like the 16gb i have. ull end up crashing ur zune and it being condemed
Gear
Ibanez RG421EXFM
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Epiphone Futura Prophecy Custom
Martin 1970's D-28
I bought a Black 4 Gig one when I was going to be in the hospital for 3 weeks. I thought I'd use it for a few weeks just to pass some time and then probably wouldn't use it again.
I love it. I think it's 100x easier to use then the Ipods, because the scroll wheel isn't as sensitive, I think the headphones are better too.
I bought a black 8gb Zune a few months ago (April, maybe) and I love it. Maybe the battery doesn't last 20 hours, maybe the back button needs to be punched to work, maybe I can't for the life of me figure out how to put videos on there (not like I need them anyway), and maybe every so often when on shuffle it will take an agonizing few seconds to skip to the next track (not very often, but started recently)... maybe I'm stupid (very possible)... but I still love my Zune so f*ck you! iPods are for girls! (And I say that while wishing for $3000 to fall from the sky so I can buy a Macbook) The little bastard is a life saver. Public transportation is painful without it.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Quote by Bletic
ive had 2 80Gb, 1 30Gb, and an 8 GB, and only the 8Gb has survived, all others have had fatal software probelms, so i got an ipod. if my Ipod lasts more than 2 months, im blaming zune's new software. i loved my zune till they kept breaking. so when they is more stable, ill get a new one

I think I'm having trouble with their new software. For some reason, a picture exploded inside my screen. And now a ton of the music on my Zune refuses to play, and when I plug it into my computer it doesn't register. I can charge it, but I can't add or delete anything to it. It was right after I tried to update it with new software.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I personally think I like the first Gen Zune 30 better ...the Zune 80 took away my equalizing actions and it took away the default backgrounds (not that they were any good)!

If I upgrade my software in my Zune 30Gb will the screen change to that ugly Zune 80 layout ?

Oh btw my two zune names are

yellowfrizbee

yellowfrizbeex

and I own a Zune 30 and 80..dont ask about the two names use the yellowfrizbeex one though.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by yellowfrizbee
I personally think I like the first Gen Zune 30 better ...the Zune 80 took away my equalizing actions and it took away the default backgrounds (not that they were any good)!

If I upgrade my software in my Zune 30Gb will the screen change to that ugly Zune 80 layout ?

Oh btw my two zune names are

yellowfrizbee

yellowfrizbeex

and I own a Zune 30 and 80..dont ask about the two names use the yellowfrizbeex one though.

No problem. My updates to the thread are terrible. SOrry, long couple of weeks.

I can do it!

And so can you!

Last.fm
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I'm having trouble with their new software. For some reason, a picture exploded inside my screen. And now a ton of the music on my Zune refuses to play, and when I plug it into my computer it doesn't register. I can charge it, but I can't add or delete anything to it. It was right after I tried to update it with new software.

I had the same problem. the first solution is to plug in your Zune, go to the Device Manager, then delete the Zune, and re install the firmware.

If that doesnt work, then uninstall the Zune software, and re-install it.

I had to do the second option.
I can do it!

And so can you!

Last.fm
Why is my computer not recognizing my Zune while constantly displaying the same message over and over AND OVER that it is not recognized while still being able to charge the f*cking thing?

"USB Device Not Recognized

One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it. For assistance in solving the problem, click this message."

Beyond that the only information I can scrape up is that the drivers are not loaded.

So what the hell happened? It's that new update that f*cked me up, isn't it?
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
my zune broke ..
the screen cracked, I just left it charging overnight and I turned it on in the morning and the screen was cracked. Now I just use it to watch videos from my xbox 360. I need a new portable mp3 now.
I hate the zune software, I like iTunes much better. I clicked on a duplicate podcast and pressed delete and Zune completely erased every single podcast in the channel from my computer. I can't get it back now.
I just got a Zune for free today from one of microsoft's promotions and i have a few questions.
How do i figure out how much space is on it?
I already have a 160gb Ipod classic, most of which is music/movies that aren't on my comp anymore. What is it useful for?
Should I keep it or sell it?
How much would it go for?
Lucky you people who have Zunes. You can scrobble tracks...

Quote by Jack Off Jill
"Son, always carry a medical glove in your pocket in case you wind up in a bathroom that has no toilet paper, and you get constipated."
I made a Zune group a while back. I think it only has 10 or so members.

I have an 80GB, and I love the 3.0.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
I like my zune better then the old apple, when this thing randomly dies it also randomly comes back to life
The only things we hate are those things we try to hide from others.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by Carmel
Either way, I don't think bananas should be placed in such proximity to an ass

I disagree. Bananas and ass are like peaches and cream.
I have a 30gb zune, and love it. But I'm a UKer so zune social won't work...
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I bought a black 8gb Zune a few months ago (April, maybe) and I love it. Maybe the battery doesn't last 20 hours, maybe the back button needs to be punched to work, maybe I can't for the life of me figure out how to put videos on there (not like I need them anyway), and maybe every so often when on shuffle it will take an agonizing few seconds to skip to the next track (not very often, but started recently)... maybe I'm stupid (very possible)... but I still love my Zune so f*ck you! iPods are for girls! (And I say that while wishing for $3000 to fall from the sky so I can buy a Macbook) The little bastard is a life saver. Public transportation is painful without it.

Do you have wireless turned on? If you do, turn it off. It'll make your battery last a LOT longer.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Page 1 of 3