Hello. I'm looking for an amp. I have heard good things about tube amps so I'm interested in getting one. I also heard with tube amps, they will sound the best if you use them at higher volume. Now I will be playing it at home so it can't be too loud so I think I will need maybe a 15-20 watt amp?

any suggestions? my budget is about 750 EURO and I will be playing it with an epiphone studio les paul but I will probably get a Fender Telecaster later on. I also have an Epiphone strat-style guitar.

Thanks.
PSN name = Barmanation
what style of music?

really suggesting an amp is irrelevant unless we know what style you like, because that question has endless answers without a specified genre.
Microsoft Works...there's and oxymoron for you.
yes. please state the genres.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Oh yes, sorry I forgot. My taste is old rock and blues: Rolling stones, T-rex that kind of sound, a bit dirty or muddy maybe.
PSN name = Barmanation
if it's just for practice, probably a Vox AD30 or 20, although it's not all tube.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
i'd like an all tube amp really. The phrase "just for practise" may sound like im searching for a bit of a shitty amp but I don't care about being in a band alot. I want the sound of my practise amp to be beautiful.
PSN name = Barmanation
Laney VC 15, or Black Heart Little Giant, Orange tiny terror, just to get you started in the right direction.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
Orange, Laney, Vox, Marshall. those are amps that are cheaper in europe than here, i think.
and they're damn good amps, too.

my vote's for Vox AC30.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
^ yeah, something like that would get you into the right direction. the problem is, for old rock and blues, you can get something pretty nice for very little money (epi valve junior or similar, though they'd be loud as no master volume), but $750 isn't really enough to get you into the boutique stuff which can sound amazing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ yeah, something like that would get you into the right direction. the problem is, for old rock and blues, you can get something pretty nice for very little money (epi valve junior or similar, though they'd be loud as no master volume), but $750 isn't really enough to get you into the boutique stuff which can sound amazing.

just so your not mistaken it was 750 euros i know it doesnt differ much but oh well.

I didn't realize small wattage amps could be so expensive

but yeah the amp needs to be good because, as i stated in OP, im probably getting a fender telecaster near the end of this year and it's not worth playing a guitar like that through a p.o.s amp.
PSN name = Barmanation
Quote by WantToLearn

low wattage boutique ish stuff, you could probably get something pretty significant for that though, no good with conversions to USD
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by WantToLearn
just so your not mistaken it was 750 euros i know it doesnt differ much but oh well.

but yeah the amp needs to be good because, as i stated in OP, im probably getting a fender telecaster near the end of this year and it's not worth playing a guitar like that through a p.o.s amp.

i meant euros, not sure why i hit the dollar sign, lol.

you can definitely get expensive low wattage amps. you're only playing at home, are you? for the tones you want, something like a cornell romany plus would be badass. pretty expensive, though, it's like £850 (1000 euro). or maybe cornell's plexi model (but i haven't tried it).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Okay. Now a question: is there a big difference between a tube-combo and all-tube? I remember reading in this other thread this guy stating that you should definitely not get a combo.
PSN name = Barmanation
combo just means the amp and speaker are in the same box, it's nothing to do with whether the amp is all-tube or not. i've heard that it's very slightly easier on the tubes (in other words, they may last very slightly longer before you had to replace them) when the amp is in a separate box (i.e. a head), but i'm not certain i'd worry overly about that.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Right. thank you for clearing that up, im quite an idiot on this subject.
PSN name = Barmanation
Quote by leviticus_22953
if it's just for practice, probably a Vox AD30 or 20, although it's not all tube.

For 750 Euros?
Fail.

Check out Orange and Laney. I'm not really sure on the euro to dollar thing but possibly a rocker 30?
Rocker30 is loud. I'd get an ac15.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
your speaker is not broken in?

if i where you, i wouldnt play through it until it is
Quote by WantToLearn
Right. thank you for clearing that up, im quite an idiot on this subject.

no worries. you're not an idiot, you just didn't know that. i'm sure you know stuff which i don't know.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?