Would it be possible to put more than one hipshot on a guitar so you can alter the tuning or more than just the low E string (think Michael Manring)? The only concern is if having a hipshot on anything but the low or high E on a 3x3 headstock would make the hipshot's lever bang into the back of the tuner ahead of it.
Ah right, I think 'hipshot' is used sometimes to refer to anything that drops a string down a whole tone, not just a product made by that company.

Try looking for those ones that go down at the bridge, 6 of those in line might be a better option, though I have never seen it.

Also if you stick them all up at the headstock your guitar will become neck heavy.
Quote by Meddled
Ah right, I think 'hipshot' is used sometimes to refer to anything that drops a string down a whole tone, not just a product made by that company.

Try looking for those ones that go down at the bridge, 6 of those in line might be a better option, though I have never seen it.

Also if you stick them all up at the headstock your guitar will become neck heavy.

The only bridge detuner I've ever seen is the EVH D-Tuna and I don't think it supports tunings other than one step down. With an Xtender you have more options, but I'd want to be able to fiddle with more than one string, and I don't want to buy a set of Xtenders to find out I can only use one (if I can't use all six there's no point).