Yeah I know there are way too many of these and I've posted some before but I could use some input here. So you can check out my gear here in my sig but yeah I'm thinking about upgrading my stock pickups to an 81 bridge/60 neck combo for yes, a Metallica tone (don't flame me or the tone). Any input for this choice regarding my circumstance? Any drawbacks/better recommendations?
Guitars

Epiphone 1958 Ebony Explorer
Fender Standard Stratocaster

Amp/Gear

Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff

Gunnery Sergeant of the Megadeth Military
PM BlackciN to join/get ranking
that would work, go for it
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
sure, if you use their amps.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
EMG 81 is good for much more than metallica and the EMG 61 is said to be their best sounding clean pickup. The Les Paul is pretty versatile too tone wise, so there's no reason to bash that potential tone. But like it's been said so many times:
1- Forget about achieving the metallica tone
2- Tone comes a lot more from amps and effects than from guitar and pickups
But even if you don't get their tone, you'll be pretty happy with the EMGs
Not really worth the effort or expense with your current amp
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com