Need a metal amp that can also play hard rock and some softer stuff. first 2 mainly though. I was thinking Roland microcube but price needs to be around the microcubes price and less. (£60/$120 ish)

Also, doesn anyone know of any on GAK?
at THAT price range....none. the microcube is the best bet, but none. you spend that little on an amp, you will get a little amp, with crap tone. nothing that sounds good in an amp is going to cost that. best bet - save up 250, buy a Epi Valve Jr., get a metal pedal. that's a f***ing good setup for metal.
Main Gear List:
Guitars:
Jackson RR7
Agile AL-3100 Double Bound
1977 Fender Jazz Bass
Amp:
Blackstar HT-5
peavey bass amp
Effects:
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Danelectro 7-band EQ
what guitar? and keep in mind, the microcube will work decent for metal, at least for a beginner. it just can't go loud/bassy. i have both a microcube for travelling, and the valve jr./EH Metal Muff for home use.
Main Gear List:
Guitars:
Jackson RR7
Agile AL-3100 Double Bound
1977 Fender Jazz Bass
Amp:
Blackstar HT-5
peavey bass amp
Effects:
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Danelectro 7-band EQ
If it's your first amp, get the microcube and start saving for something decent straight away
I'd recommend a Randall RG50TC, Peavey Valveking, or Laney VC30 which are all cheap tube combos
ohai little sig.
The valve jr doesn't cost $250. The last price I saw was $150. If the exchange rate holds out, then it should be considerably less than that in pounds.
Quote by Blaster Bob
The valve jr doesn't cost $250. The last price I saw was $150. If the exchange rate holds out, then it should be considerably less than that in pounds.

Yes, but to play Slayer (and other things) he's going to need a pedal, and he doesn't have money for a good pedal. Chances are he'll end up buying a crappy one, which will then defeat the purpose and usefulness of buying a valve jr.

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
EDIT: ^ +1, basically.

i'm not sure about a valve junior + pedal. the price has dropped so you can get the halfstack for £120, but even still, you need at least one pedal, and good distortion pedals are expensive (i use an HBE big d, and even second-hand mine was £80)... and you might need a noise gate, maybe an eq, as well. you're getting up in price very quickly, to be honest.

i'd just get the microcube to tide you over to be honest. it's really good for the money, and you can start saving for something better immediately, not to mention the fact you can run it on batteries etc. means even when you do get a better amp, you may still find a use for it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?