I have a surround sound system (just speakers) and i want to hook it up to either my PS3 or my TV. Naturally i turn to you, you lovely people.

The only problem is that the only output from the main unit of the surround sound is like a double scart type thing that only fits into the DVD player.Any possible way to hook it up to the TV (it's got HDMI, composite, component, s-video, 2 scarts and possibly an optical)? Anyone?
can you list all of the outputs on the back of the ps3, tv, and dvd player?
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
and the main unit of your surround sound. I'm assuming it's an amplifier of some kind?
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
ps3 has same as tv, pretty much. dvd has the double scart thingy (2 red, 2 yellow and 2 white) and a normal scart for connecting to the tv.

any help?
hmm i'm guessing european equipment is a little different than american. If you wanted to hook up both the TV and DVD or PS3 to the main component of your surround sound system, all you would have to do is plug an HDMI cable or a Coax cable from each device to the surround sound system component. any red/white cables will place your surround in Analog mode, which is not what you want. Coax and HDMI send a digital sound signal. Also, if you do use a HDMI cable it would allow for the main part of your surround sound system to switch your video and audio outputs for you.
Quote by Eminored
Only way your getting surround sound with PS3 is if your surround sound unit has an optical out. Trust me, i have some sony surround sounds unit, linked up to a 40" Sony Bravia. Awesome graphics for PS3, but sadly no surround sound for MGS4