Which would be the better choice for someone like myself who prefers the deeper warmer tone, but the good crunch (I'm into Death, Progressive, Some core, etc...). I chose the Soloist for this comparison as it is one of the few Mahogany Jacksons, making it easier to compare with the RGT42. Would it be more worth it to get the Ibanez and spend the money I'd save on better pickups?

Soloist:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-SLSMG-Electric-Guitar?sku=512234

RGT42D:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RGT42DXFM-Electric-Guitar?sku=512357
Last edited by Mr. Hand at Sep 16, 2008,
EdgeIII = phail.

Seriously the Ibanez is no match for the soloist, but if i were you, i get the SL3 instead of the SLSMG: I like to have a floyd and passive pickups. Maybe you dont.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Sep 16, 2008,
Quote by Mr. Hand
I'd probably change the pickups out anyways, so that isn't a big deal.

but the edge III is a poor trem.

I'd rather not have a trem than have an edge III. it works for a while but will eventually crap out.

I'd save up a bit more and go for the SL3 too, but that's because I like a HSS setup and because it's what I plan to do anyway.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
tbh, I'm not a big fan of the trem on any guitar, I have had a few LFRs, and an Edge II and neither have ever appealed and tbh, I'd rather it not have it in the first place
Quote by Mr. Hand
tbh, I'm not a big fan of the trem on any guitar, I have had a few LFRs, and an Edge II and neither have ever appealed and tbh, I'd rather it not have it in the first place

SLSMG is stringthru, and the SL3 has an OFR
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Which is why I had that in the original comparison. I'd rather not have the trem in the first place (let alone pay an extra 300 for it) whereas the RGT42 has the trem, but it's cheaper in the great scheme of things. I think this conversation has kinda turned me off the ibanez anyways
OOOOOOOOOOOOOh now i get it. Sorry, my bad.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl