A jcm 900 head???
First off it looks like they arent selling them new anymore, and from listening to my favorite guitar players use them i can tell its the tone i want. but a) they arent really in stores b) i feel like if i ever do find one id have to sell several organs or my brother in order to afford it.

is there anywhere i could get one of these cheap?
hell, is there anywhere still selling these?
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

You could get a job & save?

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
iv always found ebay kinda sketchy, and is marshalls quality control good enough that i wont have to worry abt playing it ahead of time?
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

In germany the combos often sell for about 400 euros!
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
You will Have to go used, Have you tried Ebay? Also don't limit your self to the JCM 900, the JCM 800 is its older brother and sound similar, most say (as do I) that the 800 is a better sounding amp. Although I think think the JCM 900 was the last "real" Marshall to come down the pipe, other than the reissues. I usually see JCM 800 go for around 750-800 dollars on ebay, so really they are not to bad at all, no need to sell your organs. lol
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
Quote by mcraddict81592
iv always found ebay kinda sketchy, and is marshalls quality control good enough that i wont have to worry abt playing it ahead of time?

Where talking about 15-28 year old amp here I really don't think that your going to get a bad one. Also that tone is pretty unmistakable, so I doubt you have any thing to worry about, check out clips from Youtube to give a more general idea.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
JCM900s aren't really all that expensive.

and imo, they don't really sound all that great either. Just my 2 cents.
Quote by HeartRaz0r
In germany the combos often sell for about 400 euros!

...200 Mark damals noch.
Knedl mid Soß. Des moga!