I've used it but wanted to know others thoughts/experiences with it are/were. Is there anything that does the same thing better? Has anyone had any bad experiences with it hurting a guitar?
The can on the left, comes with a applicator and a wipe.

Just looking for peoples thoughts on it. For me it seems to help strings last a tad longer and it makes the neck, well, fast. It's sometimes rare for a product to actually do what it says it will well. I think this does, your thoughts, if any?
My fretboard looks the same and it makes the neck all greasy, I wouldn't buy it again.
Its alright, dont mind it, not a huge fan of the slippy-ness on the strings so I only add a bit, but strings last longer, ehhh never put it on the back of the neck though, I use Dunlop 65 polish for that.
I've never used it on the back of the neck, just the fretboard. I don't used that much but I can understand how using a lot would get the board "greasy". Thanks, I will look into the Dunlop 65.
It's not really for the fretboard, but rather the strings. You're supposed to wipe it on the strings after playing. It supposed to make strings last longer, not corrode as easy, and make slides and stuff easier to do. Lots of banjo players use it. I think it's a waste of time for the most part, strings are cheap.
Wow I have a thing of this right next to me, its pretty good for cleaning strings and keeping things fast but I don't really use it much.
I don't know what is best.

I've been doing the lemon oil conditioner spray for guitars on my rosewood board maybe once a quarter. CordouryEW says that is bad so I've been trying to research. I use the Kyser Dr. Stringfellow board conditioner and string cleaner spray.

I also picked up some Ernie Ball Wonder Wipes but have not used them yet.
I hate that crap, it accumulates on the strings and atracts dust, combines with the oil of your hands and ruins the strings fast. The you are forced to put more of the shit again and the crap adds another layer, works for 5 minutes. Try Guitar Honey fretboard treatment, it does not work the same as the fast fret shit, I use it every 3 months, remove all the strings, clean fret board with a light fine brass bristle brush, wipe it down, spray a good coat of Guitar Honey or Dr. Strinfellow's Lem-Oil and leave for 10 minutes. Wipe off the excess and put a good set of strings on. I wash my hands constantly when playing to minimize oil left on the strings, clean you guitar before and after you play it. Trust me with 15 guitars and basses I need strings to last.
Hope this helps.
Quote by Vykk Draygo
I tried Fast Fret, but didn't like it. I use Finger Ease on occasion, though.

Finger-Ease smells delicious.

I've considered using it as cologne... I currently use Febreeze though.

This Guy is Stupid.
|
\/
Last edited by Checker at Sep 16, 2008,
Quote by Triumph2002
I hate that crap, it accumulates on the strings and atracts dust, combines with the oil of your hands and ruins the strings fast. The you are forced to put more of the shit again and the crap adds another layer, works for 5 minutes. Try Guitar Honey fretboard treatment, it does not work the same as the fast fret shit, I use it every 3 months, remove all the strings, clean fret board with a light fine brass bristle brush, wipe it down, spray a good coat of Guitar Honey or Dr. Strinfellow's Lem-Oil and leave for 10 minutes. Wipe off the excess and put a good set of strings on. I wash my hands constantly when playing to minimize oil left on the strings, clean you guitar before and after you play it. Trust me with 15 guitars and basses I need strings to last.
Hope this helps.

Thanks I will try that. I want my stuff to last too. Appreciated!
Having your frets polished and filing out any worn spots will make your guitar play better and the strings will feel so much smother when you bend.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
I love it.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
if your board is rosewood or ebony or the like you can use very fine .0000 steel wool. You run it up and down the fretboard 'with' the grain and it smooths out the frets. This stuff is very fine and shouldn't damage anything. I've done it twice now. Just make sure you do some more research and not take my word.

Also, put a towel over your pickups
Seriously, or the magnets will attract tiny metal shavings.

<flame protect>
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
if your board is rosewood or ebony or the like you can use very fine .0000 steel wool. You run it up and down the fretboard 'with' the grain and it smooths out the frets. This stuff is very fine and shouldn't damage anything. I've done it twice now. Just make sure you do some more research and not take my word.

Also, put a towel over your pickups
Seriously, or the magnets will attract tiny metal shavings.

<flame protect>

Shield down. I wouldn't go that far on my own, I can twist enough screws in the right direction to intonate and set action correctly, but filing fretwork I leave to my tech. But thanks for the suggestion. I will try the other stuff you rec'd before.
I like fast fret. It has worked on my strings. The thing is you have to wipe off the excess, which most people forget. It gets rid of the greasy feel, but helps keep those strings clean
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
I use steel wool on my frets but all it does is shine them and clean them a bit it also makes it alot nicer to play, I wouldn't even consider it filing.
Quote by jake911
I use steel wool on my frets but all it does is shine them and clean them a bit it also makes it alot nicer to play, I wouldn't even consider it filing.

I s'pose that's true. I shouldn't wimp out on that, I'm just cautious as all hell when it comes to the fretboard and frets.
trust me when it was first recommended to me I was like 'WTF GTFO NOOOOZ' I can't I can't I can't do it.

it's not that bad. The finest they make is .0000 (4 dot). you can crumble it up with your fingers it's not that tough.

I would suggest doing more research to anyone reading this tho.
u use it to keep my strings nice

i dont think it goes on any wood and doesnt affect the frets
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
I use it every day and it really makes a difference. The last strings I had on my guitar were on there for almost 8 months and they still felt and sounded great.
I use furniture polish on my fretboard/strings on my acoustic. Cleans the strings nicely, current set has been on there for about 9 months and they still sound good. Plus it keeps the fretboard in nice condition, helps keeep it from drying out and cracking.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
I use Lemon-oil furniture polish on the fretboard (I only do it when the strings are off).
I use this Rust-remover stuff i found in my cabinet on the G, B, and E strings to keep them smooth and to well, remove the rust and crap. I dont ues it on the wound strings cause it gets cause in the windings and its just gross.

What would I use to clean back of the neck? It's unfinished, which I like a lot, but sweat from my hands gets absorbed and it doesnt feel as smooth as it used to.

edit: Can you use lemon oil to keep the strings clean?
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Last edited by BD 425 at Sep 16, 2008,
^guys I cannot stress enough how I personally woud NOT use furniture polish on my guitar anywhere, especially the fretboard. That crap is loaded with chemicals.

and when I say lemon oil, i'm talking about lemon oil conditioner for fretboards. NOT 100% lemon oil that has acid in it. Buy the stuff that is made for guitars. For all I know it is strictly lemon scented anyway.
Fast fret is good stuff. For most people it should only be used a few times a year in order to clean and recondition your fretboard. It should be used instead of lemon oil. Lemon oil (311zosovhjh already pointed out that I would say this) is bad for your guitar and should not be used. Fast fret also stops strings from rusting so if you are one of those people that makes strings rusty after one use (like me) then a coat of fastfret after each use can make those strings last a month instead of just a day. On the other hand, I use coated strings, which don't rust, on my acoustics so many of my acoustics haven't been oiled with fastfret or anything else in over 5 years.
Not taking any online orders.
while we're on this subject....whats the best thing for "lubricating" the back of the neck? the neck on my les paul has become far stickier in recent months, and isnt as fast as it used to be. the neck is finished, btw.
Gibson LP w/SD59+PRS Dragon II
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele
PRS Tremonti SE w/Bulldog Extremist/Black Label

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
Quote by JOn`
while we're on this subject....whats the best thing for "lubricating" the back of the neck? the neck on my les paul has become far stickier in recent months, and isnt as fast as it used to be. the neck is finished, btw.

1) wipe with furniture polish
2) apply talc powder
Well we are kinda split on this one. I was curious to see what others thought of the product. Thank you all for the suggestions of other products to try. I will check them out too.
Quote by Checker
Finger-Ease smells delicious.

I've considered using it as cologne... I currently use Febreeze though.

I use Finger Ease and I love it. I'd totally recommend it.