Page 1 of 2
dont bother, that will come automatically.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Only way to make your hands look cool is to wear nailpolish.
Jackson RR3 - BKP Painkiller/Warpig
Bugera 333XL 212
Pod Studio UX1
MXR Smart Gate
Hardwire CM-2
why does it matter what your hand looks like when you play?
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Quote by Sheepbane

...or glow in the dark paint.
I love how his example of really dorky playing is a clip of the beatles
Support new music, listen to my Prog Metal Band:
Open Wide, The Sky

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR White

Peavey 6505+ /w Mesa-Boogie Rectifier 2x12 Cab
The guy in the second video looks like an idiot so I don't know why you would want to look like that tbqh
Masturbation is your friend.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Different strumming also leads to different styles of music >.<
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
Don't worry, with practice your hand will take it's "natural form", whatever it's most comfortable with.
Don't feel lame, cos you'll be playing better than if you compromise your technique.
Do what SRV does, strum in circles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU0MF8pwktg
Watch the intro.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
i think worrying about how your strumming hand looks while playing should be the least of your problems
I know the secret. In only 15 minutes you can look even cooler than that, but you'll have to give me your Rickenbacker... besides you watched the Beatles video... it clearly makes you strum like a loser.

PS- Seriously though. Why do you have that?
I love my...

Parker Nitefly Mojo - custom
Schecter 006 Hellraiser
Ibanez S470QS

Mesa / Boogie F-50
Vox AD50VT

Seagull Artist Studio cutaway I-beam

Ibanez ATK700
Ibanez Soundwave 35
Speed trem picking e.g. surf or shred always looks cool.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
as long as you dont hold your guitar like simon cowells trousers you should be fine.
but dont do a sid viscious and have it hanging below your bollocks coz your give yourself RSI before too long. find a comfortable height, and keep playing standing up, coz its so easy to just play sitting down and forget that when you come to play gigs on your feet, its a hellova lot different and chances are you'll **** everything up
... and I'm still wondering how you have a 3000 dollar guitar by the way lol
I love my...

Schecter 006 Hellraiser
Ibanez S470QS

Mesa / Boogie F-50
Vox AD50VT

Ibanez ATK700
Ibanez Soundwave 35
Quote by tasty licks
I know the secret. In only 15 minutes you can look even cooler than that, but you'll have to give me your Rickenbacker... besides you watched the Beatles video... it clearly makes you strum like a loser.

PS- Seriously though. Why do you have that?

my rich uncle bought it for my birthday because he loved the beatles so much. it was a complete surprise--- i only use it for playing the smiths songs right now--- for other stuff my schecter c-1 blackjack that i bought with own money sounds better
the funny thing is he got it a year ago--- it was $1500 back than
Quote by Acquiescence
my rich uncle bought it for my birthday because he loved the beatles so much. it was a complete surprise--- i only use it for playing the smiths songs right now--- for other stuff my schecter c-1 blackjack that i bought with own money sounds better
the funny thing is he got it a year ago--- it was $1500 back than

Thats a pretty ****ing awesome uncle.
I love my...

Schecter 006 Hellraiser
Ibanez S470QS

Mesa / Boogie F-50
Vox AD50VT

Ibanez ATK700
Ibanez Soundwave 35
+1 to masturbating... seriously. Daron Malakian of SoaD said that "masturbation sure was good for the right hand."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06h7SJTrbvI

EDIT: Skip to 4:46 to hear him say it.

EDIT: I'm watching this entire thing - I do like SoaD, but Daron seems really baked and says some silly stuff... be warned.

EDIT... again: He's a total idiot when he's high, which he is, cause there is no other explanation.

It's this video where he says it, I believe.

Also, it will come with time, and how you develop your technique, etc.
Last edited by XxGibsonSGxX at Sep 16, 2008,
Quote by tasty licks
Thats a pretty ****ing awesome uncle.

i dont know i would have preferred a gibson les paul stuido or even an american strat or tele over my rick-- why do you want it?
Mostly I just really like the way it would look on my wall, especially next to a Rick bass lol I wouldn't play it much either because I don't play a style it would compliment very well
I love my...

Schecter 006 Hellraiser
Ibanez S470QS

Mesa / Boogie F-50
Vox AD50VT

Ibanez ATK700
Ibanez Soundwave 35
see i dont like how most people who want rics just want them for their collectabality or something--- instruments aren't baseball cards--- ahh when im older ill just trade it for a mia strat or gibby les paul
mute all the strings (except for ones ur playing of course) with your left hand and then strum every string with your right
"I wanna see movies of my dreams"
You get competent with your instrument - when you're at ease with the guitar and can play without having to think too hard you'll look cool.

So stop worrying about stupid things, get on with the imporant business of practicing and worry about how you sound, not how you look.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Sheepbane

+1

Bahahahahaha that was great!

Just play... Marty friedmans hand looks like a goof when he solos but no-one really seems to care. Cause they themselves are still trying to figure out how to play "Tornado of Souls"
From a guy named Mike
Originally posted by justinhawkins

id knock boots with paris any day, but i bet robert plant has a better-sounding orgasm
Quote by guitarplaya322
mute all the strings (except for ones ur playing of course) with your left hand and then strum every string with your right

holy crap that actually works!!!
I find that the way you strum has alot to do with the guitar players you watch alot when you're starting out.

example, when I started playing guitar it was when I was listening to Nirvana a **** load, and was watching lots of live clips (4 years later, haven't really slowed down either )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adta_l0jkAo&feature=related

lots of action in my whole arm, strumming hard, the guitar is pretty low on me, with lots of moving the guitar around when playing, and my strumming hand is basically my index finger, and thumb holding my paint, with rest of my hand open...
use a mirror to see how i'm actually playing!
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
Quote by steven seagull
You get competent with your instrument - when you're at ease with the guitar and can play without having to think too hard you'll look cool.

So stop worrying about stupid things, get on with the imporant business of practicing and worry about how you sound, not how you look.

erm
what about
gary moore?

the man looks like he's having bowl surgery when he plays ... however the music he makes shows he's at ease with his guitar.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Page 1 of 2