Yeah, well I'm gettin' a job soon and I wanna get a new guitar and possibly get a new amp. And it's just for practicing and jammin' w/friends and stuff. I play heavy metal and thrash metal. I was thinkin' of gettin' and ESP EX or V, A B.C. Rich Warlock, or an Ibanez RG3EXFM1. I want somethin' w/good pickups and that sounds and looks METAL (and doesn't cost more than $600)! For amps, I was thinkin' of a Marshall Mg or Randall. Nuttin' crazy. No more than 50-60 watts and somewhere between $500-$600 for the amp. I currently have a Line 6 Spider III 15w.
Any suggestions?
Well you probably already know how ug feels about MG and Line 6 amps. But I suggest getting the ibanez, I really like mine and have ever since I bought it, great necks, pretty good stock pickups, etc.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Valveking or a B-52 AT-112, and for a guitar, maybe an ESP or Ibanez. Almost any amp is better than a Marshall MG.
Quote by qotsa1998
Valveking or a B-52 AT-112, and for a guitar, maybe an ESP or Ibanez. Almost any amp is better than a Marshall MG.

I'm going to suggest Schecter (as common as they are, they're good guitars) as well as ESP/Ibanez.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
for the amp, avoid MGs and spiders. probably a roland cube 30 or 60, or if you're lucky you could maybe pick up a peavey 5150/6505 or xxx second-hand for that amount of money.

for the guitar, avoid locking trems at that price range. that's the main thing. don't go too overboard about shape, at that price there's a good chance that it'll be a choice between a nice guitar in a more boring shape, or a not-so-nice guitar in a metal/cool shape.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?