right, just bought and old style (spaghetti headstock decal not 70's style) fender highway one strat on eBay for £280! (!!!!!!!) haha (the description didnt have america or usa in so it didnt come up on any searches!)

i'm prety sure this is made in usa (there something under the head stock and i think it says made in usa but i'm not sure), but i'm just checking on here if it is or not, coz i can;t find too much info on the net

also if anyone has one of these, whats your opinion on it etc?

cheers for any input
Fender Telecaster (MIM) <- the sentimental one

Fender USA strat

4 standing Oasis tickets, Cardiff 12th June - selling at face value go!
i got one a couple years ago, and yes it is american. allaround its a great guitar, my only complaint was the stock pickups it came with, theyre garbage. so i put 3 new seymour duncans in and it made a world of difference.
ah ok, that was one thing i left out in the first post, what are the original specs and whats changed between the old and the new versions?

cheers again
Fender Telecaster (MIM) <- the sentimental one

Fender USA strat

4 standing Oasis tickets, Cardiff 12th June - selling at face value go!
i cant remember what the originals were, i stand to be corrected but i think they were single coil alnicos, they werent very good and theyre the reason the highway ones were so cheap in cost
difference between old and new is the headstock, bigger frets and hotter pickups (that i would still change to some seymours). and Highway ones are made in america, but they do use some foreign parts, so not as american as a MIA, but whatever, if you like the guitar who cares where its made or where you got the parts from.