There's mod for every amp, but nothing I'd really consider since you could just sell it and buy a different amp that you like better in the first place for the price it would cost to have it modded.

Just my opinion on modding amps, kind of a waste of money imo. *shrug*
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
modding amps isnt a waste of money... If there is something that your unhappy with and you know how to change it yourself using some really cheap passive components... how is that wasting money?

Personally though I would only do it to a blackheart, or a evj...
but anways, I guess installing a presence or a brightswitch wouldn't be too hard. But your gonna need a schematice and someone who knows what they are doing. lol. But a presence knob or switch would be great.

as a switch it would just require a capaacitor somewhere wired up to a switch but if you don't know what your doing i wouldnt recommend messing with it
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Because if there's something you're unhappy with, you should've bought a different amp in the first place.

Not to mention the mods people are usually talking about are high dollar things and not just a simple switch or knob.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
What kind of mod do you want? If you can find a schematic it should be pretty easy to come up with some.
It's a pretty cheap amp though, I'm not really sure what you're hoping to accomplish.
ugh i spent to much time in the GB&C forum, a mod to me is changing out diodes for different kinds of signal clipping...

things like new speakers or new pups don't really count as mods in my head, lol.

But to that a speaker upgrade cna be a good thing. A lot of amps use lower quality speakers. And getting one thats voiced for what you want could be a great upgrade.
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
MatrixClaw has no idea what he's talking about.

A switch will cost you anywhere between 3-5 dollars. a couple of capacitors will cost you a little over a buck. a dozen resistors will cost you a dollar. I've been modifying pedals and amplifiers for over 4 years, and not once have I ever charged more than an amp is worth.

This is a great amplifier, or as I call it "the amazing foundation." This amp has far too much potential to just be stock.

Better still, let MatrixClaw spend his life away buying different amps, when really his almost favorite amp may have just needed a change in one capacitor value. imagine that!

The at-100 is designed by bruce egnator, and the schematics floating around are fairly clean. you'll find that the bypass cap for v1 is a bit lackluster (I think it was around .068uF) I would recommend upping that to 2.7uf+. that will give you more girth, gain, bass.... You can go as high as 10uF, but it seems you won't hear much difference at some point. you could do it for all preamp tubes and get a greater amount of bass and gain, less honky-thin mids.

how much would this mod cost if I did it? 20 bucks (what labor?) how much would it cost for the other guys to do it? probably 200. shipping is what gets ya!

there are other mods for this amp, but I find this one to be simple enough for anyone to do it. you're not replacing a filter cap, so it's not a life risk. also, you may want to make sure that your amp is biased correctly. if you've got a multi-meter, put it to good use. don't be afraid of modding your own amp, just be afraid of burning yourself.

i've got an at-100 coming in tomorrow, so i'll be sure to mention other mods if i decide to do them.

oh, and get rid of those short plate sovteks!!

throw some long plate 7025/12ax7 tubes in there for less noise.