yesterday i was adjusting the truss rod(each time i turned it became harder so i think that was the correct direction) and i turned the allen key a gazillion times(10) and the neck still didnt acheve the curve. help?
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Ouch. Sounds like there's something wrong with your truss rod...oh right duh. that could be expensive.

As in, if its less than a $500 guitar start looking for a new one.

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
You might have broken it off from the neck, a truss rod should always be adjusted in very small increments, like a quarter of a turn at a time. Then you wait a few days to see how it looks, and repeat if needed. After turning it ten times, you could have done serious damage to your guitar.
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
yay....
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
i dont think it braked becouse today the neck had the bow. but i adjusted it to much becouse there is and insane amount of buzz eeverywhere
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
Work on your grammar and spelling and then I'll consider helping you...

Yeah you might want to take it to a guitar tech to make sure nothing's broken/seriously damaged.
wow sorry mr grammar nazi. while adjusting it i heard no noise no thing and it feels the same. anyway to know that without going to the tech? local techs are dumbasses
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
put the wrench down, give the neck time to settle. with a balanced bridge.

fret the low E first fret. at the same time,
fret the low E last fret, where the neck and body meet.

look at the middle frets 7-9th

if the string lays on the fretwire there, you dont have enough bend.
if the string is more than a credit cards thickness up from the wire there you have too much.

measure and post back. DONT assume you are turning the right way just because it's tight.

and DONT turn more than 1/4" , dont force a turn and let the guitar rest in tune.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
the string is touching the fretwire so i need more bend?
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
yes , which is going to be a small Counter Clockwise turn.

but honestly, i suggest you leave the guitar alone tonight, let it settle, then remeasure tomorrow.

if you're like F it and want to turn, that;s your right, i'm letting you know these things are turned 1/4" at a time, left in tune while resting, and the turn is never forced.
and you need to recheck the angle by fretting the first and last fret, before each turn. (again i never suggest more than 1/4" a night)

in addition, after the string moves off the wire, you might want to adjust action at the bridge to get rid of the rest of the buzz.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Last edited by jj1565 at Sep 16, 2008,
so right know since its touching toe fret wire i need is to loosen the rod right? and no i wont turn the rod tonite i will leave it there resting
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
you need to turn the nut in a Counter Clockwise direction.

yes you have the right idea, but i want to be clear, so that i know you are turning the nut the correct direction.

if looking down at the nut, picture a clock face and turn counter clockwise.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

k i think itl talk a long time turing counter clockwises(1/4 a day) to make up for the 5 turns i gave it
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
bump
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
yeah, i know so use common sense.

most of the time, i dont come across a guitar tha'ts been cranked to it's limit the other way.

if it's still on the fret, and you feel like you can turn a little more, then you might feel comfortable measuring and turning more, in a careful way, and not forcing the turn.

i just wont TELL YOU to do this. because i wouldnt want to be responsible for you damaging your guitar. (any more than you may already have)
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62