my favorite radio hosts, Eric and Carson (out of Flint, MI) got fired after 6 years on the air

has anyone else had a radio station they love basically ruined for this reason?

radio station is called Banana 101.5 btw
my hovercraft is full of eels
103.3 FTW. I don't know where they're based, but I'm from Saginaw.
If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough
Radio hosts are stupid. Just play the damn music and shut the hell up. that's what DJ's should be doing. No stupid voices, no stupid sound effects, no dumb jokes. I can't stand when DJ's think the reason people listen to the radio is because they want to hear them.

/rant
My favourite radio station, Planet Rock, almost got shut by this ****ing bitch who took over their (old) main company (who had a number of other stations).

Even though it has more listeners than BBC 6music (that also rules), she saw it as "not commercially viable".

The sexy irony to this is she got fired, and the radio station was bought by a music loving millionnaire with support from Gary Moore, Anderson from Jethro Tull and Queen's Brian May!

Great station. They play loads of classic tunes but its incredibly varied as well and they have loads of time for new music and bands/releases. The DJs are all great blokes as well.
Quote by HerrMagnum
Radio hosts are stupid. Just play the damn music and shut the hell up. that's what DJ's should be doing. No stupid voices, no stupid sound effects, no dumb jokes. I can't stand when DJ's think the reason people listen to the radio is because they want to hear them.

/rant

well that was the reason they were liked, they didn't use alot of stupid gimmicks...they were genuinly funny....and were encouraged to talked because of it
104.5 (in jacksonville florida

bubba the love spunge got ran out of town like 4 years ago...he just came back though so its awesome
Quote by jsbud11
Dude your leetness is maximum.
Seriously if you leave UG without becoming a mod, I will kill someone.
Quote by Devopast
This is turning into fap-to-amazingfretman's-love-a-thon
tim shaw, easily the best radio host ever
Guitars :
Fender American Stratocaster
Jackson RR3
Ibanez S470
Epiphone Les Paul
Man, when I read that earlier today it dropped on me like a bomb.
I loved that show...

Does anyone know why they got fired?

MC name = Bearrorism
A radio host here got fired temporarily for giving out someones mobile number on the air because she didn't come into work on time (over slept)
94.5, The Q!
Big Al and Charlie from 5am to 10am; nothing but "Classic Rock," but they play some 90's tunes as well. It gets me in the mood in the morning.
Quote by Grundy0
Never forget what really matters in life, friends and family.
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
Quote by Gargantuan
It wont be the same without them

so far as i gather they moved Chris Monroe and Chad Baron to their spot
What pissed me off the most was when D and D( from detroit on 97.1) got kicked off, the station turned to all sports, and they didn't even get a goodbye show. They did some funny stuff.
meh
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
so far as i gather they moved Chris Monroe and Chad Baron to their spot

I could just imagine hearing this.....
"CHRIS AND CHAD AT 5:00, ON BANANA 101.5"

MC name = Bearrorism
Quote by Gargantuan
I could just imagine hearing this.....
"CHRIS AND CHAD AT 5:00, ON BANANA 101.5"

i can't, as no one will be listening
there used to be a show on NPR called "Fair Game" and it was basically a satirical radio show that covered every thing from politics to stupid restaurant managers. a couple of the shows were kind of stupid but most of them were hilarious.

anyway, the entire show got cancelled in late may :-(

i miss it.

it was fun to listen to when i couldn't sleep ( where i live it came on at 1 am). And they even had slash come on the show once.
the morning fix-jim lynam and alan cox
and
woody,tony,ravey
and
fook.
yup
chicago radio Q101 was the best