I'm probably going to get reamed over this, but whatever, haha.

I was at a concert Saturday and Good Charlotte was one of the bands. I heard their whole set, and while they weren't overly impressive, their guitar player (not the twin) kept using this pedal that sounded kind of like a phaser but kind of like an envelope filter and had a really sweet sound. I can hardly describe it, I was just wondering if by any chance anybody had a clue what I'm talking about and could give me an idea of what pedal that was. He used it on like, 5 songs.
probably a flanger
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!