if I were to replace the pickups in my MIM strat, should I replace all the wiring, pots, and jack?? or just keep the original MIM strat wiring?(it's an HSS)

I also notice my wiring was different than all the schematics online (seymour duncan's and others)

should I rewire it to the schematics or leave it the same if I keep my old wiring?

Thanks a bunch
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
you should'nt really change the electronics unless the pickups require different kinds of pots, caps and whatnot.
and it would be best to rewire your guitar to their schematics.
Send me off to bed forevermore.
Quote by RatmN'Roses
you should'nt really change the electronics unless the pickups require different kinds of pots, caps and whatnot.

alright, thanks
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Well, the Duncan wiring uses their wire colors. If you dont know which wires are which, the Duncan diagram wont work. But if you know what wires are your Ground and Hot, you should have no problem.
Quote by RatmN'Roses

I disagree. Some people say the electronic components in the mexicans aren't particularlly good. Mine seem fine, but many people buy a switchcraft jack, some cts pots and a good capacitor to improve their tone...