1:

What are the best bass pickups you can get for versatility and a warm, solid tone? I'm not really thinking much about pickups, but I've heard both good and bad about the EMG-HZ's on the Schecter Stiletto models, so if and only if I end up not liking them I would consider upgrading.

2:

For the active EQ in the Schecter Stiletto Elite-4 (which I'm not getting quite yet, but I want to eventually), what is the battery life like and what kind of batteries do you use for it?

3:

What are the differences between the Custom and the Elite, and are they worth the price difference? Please elaborate as much as possible.

Thanks, I might add on later.
Upgrade to what?
There isn't much you can upgrade to from an EMG.
It's not like a p bass or jazz bass pickup.

Anyway, I usually don't like EMG HZs but they sound pretty amazing on that bass.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by i_don't_know
Alright, thanks.

What about the other stuff?

It takes a 9volt battery.
It lasts pretty long as long as you unplug you bass while not in use.

I don't know the answer to the third question.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
If you want a 9V to last longer, wire another 9V in parallel to it.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
I have a studio and it uses two 9v batteries. Its an aggressive sounding instrument, but it can get some wonderfully warm tones. Don't worry about that.

Regarding the studio, I think its better than the elite. It doesn't have the neck finish the elite has (makes it easier to slide around on) and a 3 band EQ instead of a 2 band eq.
I kind of want the S-Tek bridge in the Custom and Elite models, so it's between those, for the most part. I mostly want to know the differences in tone between the two, seeing as one is bolt-on and the other is neck-through. I'd also appreciate it if someone would clarify any other differences, too.
Quote by IndianRockStar
I have a studio and it uses two 9v batteries. Its an aggressive sounding instrument, but it can get some wonderfully warm tones. Don't worry about that.

Regarding the studio, I think its better than the elite. It doesn't have the neck finish the elite has (makes it easier to slide around on) and a 3 band EQ instead of a 2 band eq.
I tried the studio-5 and an elite-5 side by side and the action and feel of the elite was far superior to the studio... But the studio is a pretty amazing instrument still.
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
Quote by AmpleSteak
I tried the studio-5 and an elite-5 side by side and the action and feel of the elite was far superior to the studio... But the studio is a pretty amazing instrument still.

I never got how action plays a part. Unless something else is wrong, if the action is too high or too low, make it where you want. And different strokes for different folks I guess, cause I prefer the Studio.
Help? Please?

I do not want the Studio. It's only between the Elite and the Custom. I want the S-Tek bridge. I'll even copy and paste my last post to save everyone the fifth of a second of scrolling up, because as we all know, convenience is always nice:

Which would you recommend if I want a solid, punchy, bassy tone?
stock EMG's. and if you're definition of punchy is loose, do Bartolini's. they get a smoother, deeper tone.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Bolt-on necks are supposed to be a little punchier but I doubt you'd notice a difference between that and neck-through. They'd both give you the tone you're looking for as long as you EQ your amp right.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

Okay, I think I'm gonna go for the Custom. $100 less and apparently it's just what I'm looking for. Thanks, everyone.
Quote by i_don't_know
Okay, I think I'm gonna go for the Custom. $100 less and apparently it's just what I'm looking for. Thanks, everyone.

good choice if you want a soundclip of that bass check my profile and click the song just me and you and the movies
Quote by i_don't_know
Wow, that sounds amazing. Giaco, what's your setup?

well my setup in that song is using the bass up to 10 and the treble down to 5 and the pickup blend on the middle thats the setup on the schecter and on my amp is mainly boosting my mids and using some chorus or overdrive to spice the sound
Alright, I'll have to remember that. That's pretty much the exact sound I was looking for, haha.
Giaco for most influential!!!!!!!!
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
My Schecter stiletto 5 elite with emg hz pups and active electronics is the best sounding bass I have ever played. Maybe it is just mine or just resonates to the vibes in my head.

This bass has a tonal variety that is awesome to my ear. I like mellow sounding basses, rhythmic, smooth, and musical with a deep woody resonance and this Schecter sounds super great to me and I won't be changing anything any time soon.

Duffy