Ive been looking aroungd musicans friend,
and these amps seem nice for there prices,
since tube amps are generally expensive
and i keep wondering where the drawback is,
Are they low quality and break easily?, do they sound bad?
and how significant the differences between the1x12 speaker & the 2x12 speaker ones are,

also

would the v33 Head & v series 2x12 cab be better?

so basically
whats the catch on the crate v - series?
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Nothing's really the catch at all. They're just having a big sale on them.

The differences between the 1x12 and the 2x12 aren't very big at all, and I'd imagine a combo would be more practical than a head+cab would be.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
More bang for your buck. I'd go for a 1x12 since the v-series don't have very good speakers and 1 speaker swap is cheaper than 2. I believe certain models have tone tubby speakers and those would be worth the extra cash for the better speaker.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
i tried the v33 head and was REALLY impressed with the clean, they were pretty ****ing good...i didnt like the od channel though, too muddy and dark for my taste.
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
The catch is the V Series is probably going to be discontinued soon, and Crate has too much overstock since it didn't sell well. So what they'll do is sell them off cheaply to make room for new product.
Great amps, no catch. If you are shopping for amps, now is a great time. They suit most genres short of metal. I think the 212 has an effects loop.
Quote by Kevin Saale
I believe certain models have tone tubby speakers and those would be worth the extra cash for the better speaker.

You are thinking of the "VC" Vintage Club series. That VC3112t ("t" designates the tone tubby speaker) is a badass amp. Some stores still have them. One of my local guys just got one in but wants $600 for the VC3112t. acdcrocks and I love that thing.

The new V series is very good IMO, but the sale is going away in some outlets. So buy if your going to.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I ordered mine August 25th, and it hasn't come yet. The only reason its in ym sig because I thought it would come by now. But I'm pissed.
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

Hi. I own a V33H and will soon own a Palomino cab. Great amp, great setup. I chose the head/cab version because the stock speakers are not good. Get the head and a decent/good cab, and you'll be set.
I have the V33 combo, and it only comes in a 2x12.

So if you want a 1x12, you'll have to get the V33 head, or a V18 or V50 1x12 combo.
I got the V33 combo for $219. I simply could NOT pass that up. It's a sweet sweet amp for that price. It loves my OCD too.
Quote by imgooley

Hi. I own a V33H and will soon own a Palomino cab. Great amp, great setup. I chose the head/cab version because the stock speakers are not good. Get the head and a decent/good cab, and you'll be set.

Are the palomino speakers that much better?
Quote by mcrfobtai
Are the palomino speakers that much better?

Celestion 70's as opposed to 'custom ceramic speakers'.
thanks for the replies, i saw the thread sinking and figuresd it was gonna get off the first page with no replies, so i kindof abandoned it

out of all the different wattages in the series, at what point can you keep even with/ overpower a drummer?
Quote by guitardude34875
Quote by mcrfobtai
You can keep up with the 18, but the 33 woul probably be btter

33 head & cab or combo?
this drummers pretty loud, normally we(me & other guitarist that jams with that drummer) play with him through epiphone 30w fireflys
and can barely hear ourselves,
the other guitarist has a raven rg60 and he says that with that cranked he can barely keep up(all those amps are SS)
would the v33 be louder?
Quote by guitardude34875
Quote by ShredGod George
33 head & cab or combo?
this drummers pretty loud, normally we(me & other guitarist that jams with that drummer) play with him through epiphone 30w fireflys
and can barely hear ourselves,
the other guitarist has a raven rg60 and he says that with that cranked he can barely keep up(all those amps are SS)
would the v33 be louder?

Raven's suck. Period.

I would go with the head/cab because it's easier to transport.

It's loud.
so could i blow away all the other amps in this environment?(20x20 garage, sometimes doors open, sometimes its not)
Quote by guitardude34875
Quote by mcrfobtai
It should be ok. He must hit HARD (Your drummer )

yeah, he's pretty enthusiastic, and when i say enthusiastic, i mean mind numbingly loud, im pretty sure every time he hits that snare when im next to him a few brain cells die, but hes a really good drummer, i just wanna make sure i can keep up with him

thanks to everyone who helped
Quote by guitardude34875
Last edited by ShredGod George at Sep 16, 2008,
For most gigs, you will be miced up anyway, and if it becomes a problem, have him hit a little softer or even use brushes
Quote by mcrfobtai
For most gigs, you will be miced up anyway, and if it becomes a problem, have him hit a little softer or even use brushes

i doubt ill be gigging any time soon, i was in a band with that drummer and guitarist but we could never practice regularly, so now we just kinda jam when we can, and he'd say brushes and rubber mute pad things made him sound horrible, i don't really know much about drums but i could respect his need to sound good, even all of us, even him wear shooting range earmuffs i doubt the small garage we practice in is helping any, but it has lots of shelves & boxes & tools & stuff on the walls, they're not really flat by any means
Quote by guitardude34875
The V33 is LOUD.

Edit: If you really wanted to, the V50 is not that much more expensive, but you might not ever get a chance to crank it, and it has 6L6s which take longer to break up.
Last edited by ewsrocks at Sep 16, 2008,
my v50 breaks up pretty early. and its not THAT loud. it basically maxes out at 6 and the rest is just overdriven tube sound. at 6 it can keep up with my brother who drums really loud.
Hi,
what speaker is similiar to the warehouse Black & Blue?
Greenbacks G12 or G12H?.
I wanna change this original in my v33- can´t get warehouse in germany...