I've been tabbing a chord the last hour and I realized one of the chords in the chorus is a D but without the F# at the bottom... so it would be (xx023x). When I put this in as a D it's going to include the 2 at the bottom when that's going to sound pretty incorrect. Is there a way to alter my tab so the D is displayed correctly? If not I'm assuming the only other thing to do is include a note in my tab that it's a D variation?

Thanks!

-Sean
that's the same thing as a d power chord

E-----
B-----
G--7--
D--7--
A--5--
E-----
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
if you know it has a F# as the bass note, then you can write it as a first inversion or slash chord like this D/F#. there's two ways to play this chord: either, 2x0232 or 254232, there ya go...
Actually I don't know why I didn't think of that...
Well I came across another chord which I don't think is quite as easily labeled.
(x2x402)
As well as (x4x60x) and (x5x70x)...
Any idea for those?
Quote by fade177
if you know it has a F# as the bass note, then you can write it as a first inversion or slash chord like this D/F#. there's two ways to play this chord: either, 2x0232 or 254232, there ya go...

Wow, that 254232 sounds dead on... I've never played that chord before but the progression from F# to that sounds better than what I came up with. Thanks!
Quote by allstar21369
Actually I don't know why I didn't think of that...
Well I came across another chord which I don't think is quite as easily labeled.
(x2x402)
As well as (x4x60x) and (x5x70x)...
Any idea for those?

the first one is strange voicing of a B5 chord, notice that you are playing 3 B's (in fact two in unison) and an F#

The second one isn't really a chord it's a C# octave with a minor 7th in there as the B

the third one is similar it's a D octave with a B which would be the 6th of the scale.

I can tell you from all this that your song is in the key of D, the whole song will more than likely be written with these notes D E F# G A B C# D, i hope this helps
oh and that 254232 chord, it's just a C shape bar chord, it will play any first inversion up and down the neck, I've played a lot of Christian worship music which uses a lot of inversions since a lot of it has piano arrangements...