...that you save in notepad, and then when you open it it shuts down your computer?

There was a thread about it, but i can't find it. Can someone please post the code, or at least that old thread? Thanks.
O O

___
Do this:

Make a txt file, and type in
shutdown -s

Then save it as "filename.exe"
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
NVM, it doesn't work... Jsut google it.
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
1. Open calculator.
2. Press 10.
3. Divide by zero OH SHI-
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Quote by uk.mace
save it as *blah*.bat
it'll only work if you put it after '@ echo off' tho

No, I think it'll still work.

shutdown -s -t 30

Will give the user a 30 second countdown before shutdown.

shutdown -s -t 30 -c "Haha, enjoy your shutdown, fucker"

Will display said message.

Then just save it as whatever.bat
Quote by uk.mace
save it as *blah*.bat

So what exactly do i put in?
O O

___
Quote by TheBax
So what exactly do i put in?

shutdown -s

Then save as whatever.bat
do you have to then click and open the .bat file to shut down the computer, or is there a more subtle way to trick someone into activating it?
Quote by uk.mace
save it as *blah*.bat

All "@echo off" does is prevents the command window displaying what it's doing, so instead of loads of text coming up (in a complex .bat file for example) it stays blank.

Useful if you've made a .bat you want to protect, you put "@echo off" at the start and use "Bat2Exe" to compile. You can then release this and (I think) it makes it harder for people to get your code.
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
do you have to then click and open the .bat file to shut down the computer, or is there a more subtle way to trick someone into activating it?

There are subtle ways... Kinda.

If you have access to their computer, you can make the bat file, then change a shortcut (like FireFox) to point to the bat instead. That'll really fuck them off.

But if you don't have access to their computer, you'll just have to hope they'll fall for something like "run this bat, it makes your internet faster".
i just tried it, and filthandfury, you're awesome!

can i save it in notepad, and just save it as text file, and it not do anything? Because i'd like to be able to find it again, and type something else in that message.
O O

___
Quote by TheBax

can i save it in notepad, and just save it as text file, and it not do anything? Because i'd like to be able to find it again, and type something else in that message.

Yeah, just save it as your standard .txt file
Quote by TheBax

Yeah, just save it as a .txt file and put it in your My Documents folder for later.
I just sent it to a "computer retarded" girl, and saved it as Hilarious Joke, so she'll open it. I'm gonna call her tonight... just to see how it went.
O O

___
Quote by TheBax

You could always right click the .bat file and hit edit if you wanted to change things without changing the file type.

EDIT: For added lulz...
@echo
    shutdown.exe -s -t 120 -c "Your message here."
start %0
    %0
Last edited by rjdusa at Sep 16, 2008,
Quote by filthandfury
There are subtle ways... Kinda.

If you have access to their computer, you can make the bat file, then change a shortcut (like FireFox) to point to the bat instead. That'll really fuck them off.

But if you don't have access to their computer, you'll just have to hope they'll fall for something like "run this bat, it makes your internet faster".

Msn etc don't let you send .bat files (don't think so anyway) but you can change them to a .exe like I mentioned before, give it a nice picture and call it something like iTunes8installer.exe

They then open it, and it does something mad like kill the explorer.exe task then delete it, or edit the boot files to boot in MS-DOS or something. possibilities are endless.

i can also get a .exe hidden inside a .gif or something, this takes about 30 seconds to do and basically when they open the .gif (can be mp3 etc also) it runs the .exe. This is all done using cmd.
I'm pretty sure you can create a batch file to make a registry entry.

And if you made a batch file to add a shutdown batch to the registry to run on startup...

I'm not sure how you'd do it though.
You don't need to **** with registry for that, just make a shutdown.bat and make it add itself to the startup folder. Easily fixed in safe mode, but still, it would beat your average computer user.
yeah my bro put the remote shutdown command in one of his mate's login script so everytime he logged in it shut down. we lol'd
Hmmmm... Pie.

Quote by tryandstopme
i think your cereal is rather gay sir.

Quote by ibanez for life

Quote by Haha, Crackhead

This thread just screams,"Hey! Look at me!! I illegally download thousands of gigs of music!!!"

and what exactly does your username scream...?
Last edited by josh2429 at Sep 16, 2008,