As my sig says, I have what I thought was a Dean Hardtail Standard. I purchased it from a pawn shop in excellent condition, and I was curious to know more about the model. However, according to Dean's website, the Hardtail Standard doesn't come in the color that mine is, which is Ebony. Also according to Dean's site, they offer the Hardtail USA in Ebony, but not any of the other Hardtail models.

tl;dr: How can I tell if my Dean Hardtail is a Standard or a USA, or even something else?
My apologies, as I cannot provide pictures. I'll try to provide as much info as I can, but as I've said, I don't know much about the guitar.
look up the serial number
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
its probably still a dean hardtail. My ibanez came in white even though the website doesen't list it as white.
Post pictures? Some people on here are amazing with guitar identification. A serial number also helps.
GEAR:
Fender MIM HSS Strat
VOX AD30VT
FUNDS: $600
Quote by edusty2010
Email dean.

Also don't Deans have "Made in X" on the back of the headstock?

Ah, okay. And no, the only thing on the back of my headstock is the serial number.
pics as quickly as you can
or email the maker!
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
Dean's serial numbers are very hard to trace unless it is a USA model. The only thing that you can pull from that is it was made in 2007 from the first two digits. If it was a USA model, it would say so on the back of the headstock, right after the very last fret on the fretboard, or if it's an older model inside the bridge humbucker routing.

Dean is notorious for releasing limited run colors on their lines right now. In the 79' Series alone they've released a solid red with black binding, pink burst, emerald burst, solid yellow, and natural
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by Flux'D
Dean's serial numbers are very hard to trace unless it is a USA model. The only thing that you can pull from that is it was made in 2007 from the first two digits. If it was a USA model, it would say so on the back of the headstock, right after the very last fret on the fretboard, or if it's an older model inside the bridge humbucker routing.

Dean is notorious for releasing limited run colors on their lines right now. In the 79' Series alone they've released a solid red with black binding, pink burst, emerald burst, solid yellow, and natural

Well, I don't see "Made in USA" in any of those places, so I guess it is a Standard..or a Select. Either way, I love it to death.
Thanks for your help, man.
my math teacher had a white bc rich viring with a FR and bc rich siite adcvise it as TOM and balck so
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by devit
my math teacher had a white bc rich viring with a FR and bc rich siite adcvise it as TOM and balck so

Dude, what?
That was so random
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

Believe it or not I have the exact same problem. I don't have a clue if my guitar's a Standard or Select and don't know any way to tell the difference. Hopefully something will come of this thread lol.
The Selects I think have flamed maple tops on them and/or transparent finishes. But don't hold me on that. I know way more about the MLs, Vs, and Zs than compared to the Hardtails
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

Here we go. If it was a USA Model, it was stamped in the back of the headstock. All Deans made in the USA have this stamp ever since 1976. Here's a pic of a USA Hardtail with the stamp:

While the imports and all non-USA models have this:

SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60