I'm looking for an effects pedal for bass, for under $200. My current choice is a Zoom b2.1u because of the expression pedal and the usb out for direct recording. Any suggestions?
My Rig

Bass: Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Pedals: Maybe a Zoom b2.1u?

Amp: Crate BT25
I actually just purchased the b2.1u, if you can get passed the cryptic and confusing display you will love it. The effects and tone controls really do sound awesome, but the most impressive feature is the built in drum machine (40 pre-set rhythms, with the ability to change tempo and time signature). So far I've used the USB interface for recording and I can't complain about the sound I'm getting. Apparently you can upload MIDI drum samples to the b2.1u through the USB interface but I haven't worked that out yet. With the expression pedal you can choose what aspect of your sound you want to express or mute (ranging from the effects to the volume), and all in all the whole thing is made of metal and built like a tank. For the cheap price-tag, I highly recommend it.
the the b2 is pretty good, have a good reason for getting multi effects though, because singles are always better
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Quote by ElectricSledge
I actually just purchased the b2.1u, if you can get passed the cryptic and confusing display you will love it. The effects and tone controls really do sound awesome, but the most impressive feature is the built in drum machine (40 pre-set rhythms, with the ability to change tempo and time signature). So far I've used the USB interface for recording and I can't complain about the sound I'm getting. Apparently you can upload MIDI drum samples to the b2.1u through the USB interface but I haven't worked that out yet. With the expression pedal you can choose what aspect of your sound you want to express or mute (ranging from the effects to the volume), and all in all the whole thing is made of metal and built like a tank. For the cheap price-tag, I highly recommend it.
thanks for the info dude! how are the amp modelers?
My Rig

there's no realy reason to buy a multi fx pedal, sit down and think about what effects your bass playing could use and buy them individually, your tone will thank you for it
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
if i find an effect i really like, ill buy a pedal dedicated to it.
My Rig

Can you get the Boss-ME whatever for 200?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Boss V2 with pedal is like £60 or $120.

Has great amount and variation of FX with a built in drum machine.
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
just purchased the b2.1u for a total of $158.99
My Rig

I got Boss ME20B 180 USD for the floor model.

and indeed it will sound better with a real pedal. the synth on it is very nonpossessing, and the overdrive a little fake.

you can get it t sound good, but it is a very precise art, even for me and my general awesomeness.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
the b2.1 model its a great multi fx for bass you can get a lot of cool effects the delays are very good the distortion and the wah wah are decent as well as the chorus, flanger , etc
Quote by skater dan0
there's no realy reason to buy a multi fx pedal, sit down and think about what effects your bass playing could use and buy them individually, your tone will thank you for it

Hmm. I'd disagree here, especially if it's your first pedal and//or first-dabble in effects. Buying a lower-priced multi effects pedal gave me the opportunity to hear out a large variety of different effects. I would have had no idea how a flanger sounds on a bass ... If you really like an effect, such as envelope, go for the dedicated pedal afterwards.

You lay me down as I go to the store
Sorrow ate me, I'm not me anymore
Play these heavens one more time
I'm not yours and I'm not mine

When you hear music after it's over, it's gone in the air.
You can never capture it again.

I want one of these bad and they were just being blown out at MF for 39 dollars. I missed out. I have an AX5G for guitar for a cheap everyday unit and love it and have mastered the interface so I want the bass one because the interface will already be figured out. I'll get one soon from somewhere.

It is all plastic unlike the Zoom B2.1u which I also have that is metal and usb. It was 189 plus minus. It is neat too. Using it right now. Love multipedals. Very quiet compared to chains of pedals. Plus I piggy back one or two separate pedals onto the multipedals sometimes.

What bass do you have and what amp do you have?

A little Line six practice bass amp would have a few built in effects.

Duffy