hello i was wondering if there was anyway to isolate the drums from a song so that my drummer could learn by listening to only the drums ? is there a software that can do this? or am i out of luck? thanks in advanced
Cmstar90: i have too lisen to a song for hours just to figure out of one part it sound and how to move my fingers tso that it sounds that way
Cmstar90: when u seem to figure it out in seconds
you're out of luck

all the music instruments overlap each other way too much for there be anyway to seperate them by frequency
you can sometimes get away with removing stuff like vocals thats panned directly onto the center but otherwise nothing can be done unless you some how get the band's original recording where the have the seperate drum tracks :p
You could always look for guitar pro tracks. But other than that, yeah, you're sh*t outta luck.
Is it that hard to learn the drums to the song? If he's a good drummer at all he should be able to at least keep the beat without listening to it twice.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
just learn by ear. Drums are usually more the audable anyway, muy drummer does this and he's only been playing a month
download the guitar pro file, see if the tabber did the drums accurately, mute all other instruments, listen.

It might be midi, but it's drums.
lol i thought so well if i can get rid of vocals that would be pretty good
Cmstar90: i have too lisen to a song for hours just to figure out of one part it sound and how to move my fingers tso that it sounds that way
Just tell him to learn by ear, if that doesnt work, print him some drum tabs, combine them with music, whoolah, even a drummer can learn a song by himself
yeah he wanted to learn some suicide silence songs, and it is pretty difficult to hear everything clearly with everything overlapping and it would be easier to concentrate without the screaming lol, the guys an excellent drummer and has learned everything by ear he just wanted me to find out if it was possible.
Quote by oscar7557
hello i was wondering if there was anyway to isolate the drums from a song so that my drummer could learn by listening to only the drums ? is there a software that can do this? or am i out of luck? thanks in advanced

nope its all mixed down at the studio...

If your drummer is any good he should be able to learn from the full song...