I know there are a few of these every month or so. But none of the threads were what I am looking for.

I'm into science fiction and political books. Basically books that make you think. I loved House Of Leaves. I read almost every Anne Rice novel. Now I'm running out of ideas. I just finished The Republic by Plato and my friend is giving me Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep tomorrow.

I know you guys will suggest 1984 because I said I like political books. I read it, didn't like it very much. I'm thinking of getting The Broom of the System by David Foster Wallace, anyone read it?
Freakonomics

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
A Clockwork Orange. It's kind of sci-fi and political, but it really makes you think. Plus it's awesome.
Quote by gagnerants
catch 22, the prince, slaughterhouse five

Word. I'm a huge Vonnegut freak so definitely try Slaughterhouse Five and Cats Cradle. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury sounds to be exactly what you're looking for too.
just finished hunt for red october, very good
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Any dostoevsky, or Burgess.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by CaptainJack666
just finished hunt for red october, very good

I've only seen the movie. (Gotta love Sean Connery) I assume the book is better?

I forgot about Clockwork Orange. I've wanted to read that for a while now. My friend said he would give me that one too tomorrow. Fahrenheit 451, my friend said it wasn't that great. I guess I could give it a shot.

Slaughterhouse 5 sounds cool. I'll pick it up some day.
The books called "feed". It's like A Clockwork Orange, but it's kind of a politcal satire/ love story. It's probably on Amazon, but anyways it was a pretty good book.

My favorite books of all time*:
The Giver: this book was wicked, wicked good. That's all I have to say.

A Christmas Carol: read the whole thing on a snowy day before the holidays.

The Driver: illegal road rallies in hot cars. What more do you need?

Fat Kid Rules the World: this book was surprisingly great for me. Twas about this fat kid learning to drum, better than it sounds.

One other book, but I forget the name. It was about this kid who thought he had special powers, and became all famous from it. Loved the book, forgot the name.

And of course, "Good Dog Carl". All you need to know.
The arena is empty except for one man,
Still driving and striving as fast as he can.
The sun has gone down and the moon has come up,
And long ago somebody left with the cup,
But he's driving and striving and hugging the turns...
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak is brilliant and is the only book I've read five times.

Don't be put off by its US classification of Young Adult.
White Noise by Don Delilo (a satire on the post-modern family)
The Book of Daniel by E.L. Doctorow (in the 1950s a husband and wife were accused of giving American secrets to a communist spy and sentenced to death, this is a fictional retelling of that story about what happens to the children of the couple that were sentenced to death)
Quote by JetMonkey17
Ender's Game

I had to read that last year for school. It was pretty good.

Damn, a lot of those books look really good. I think I'll be busy for a while.
My favorite book and my favorite recommendation is a satire of laissez faire capitalism called Jennifer Government.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
Just about anything by Isaac Asimov or Harlan Ellison.
Death Cube K

Quote by primusfan
i know an old lady who supports abortion because it's generally low-class black women getting it performed and for her the less inner-city black kids (or blacks in general) there are, the better.

Oh Damn
Quote by Quintessence153
My favorite book and my favorite recommendation is a satire of laissez faire capitalism called Jennifer Government.

That looks freaking sweet. I'll put it at the top of my list. Thanks mate.
Fuck so-called great literature. Who needs the Russian masters or the beat movement alcoholics? There's only one book you really need:

FTW.