Would putting on pickup covers like these eliminate the sound of the strings hitting the pole pieces while playing without affecting the sound of the bass?
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
you realise those covers won't fit perfectly because for the pole pieces on a normal pickup with uncovered poles to be flush with the cover they have to be raised slightly above the body of the pickup
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
what are pole pieces?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Those metal things sticking out from pickups.

ahhhhh my bass has emg's
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
On my shittiest bass, if I get sloppy, I used to hit the pole pieces, so I remedied the situation with some electrical tape over the top of the pu's.

check out all they videos on youtube
they dead serious about thuggin like that
if you ask me they are fruity
an i hope one morning they drown in there fruit loops
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Your strings shouldn't be hitting the pole pieces anyway.

Yes they should.
But if i put the action on my bass how i like it they hit the pole pieces.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
No... they shouldn't be touching the pole pieces. Lower your pickups. You should still be ok for using the pickup as a thumbrest lowering it a tad so they don't hit the pole pieces.

This. My strings don't hit the pickups unless I'm being stupid. And I play hard, anyway.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Oh.
I meant to say yes they shouldn't :P

My pickups are already pretty low....
As it is right now, I can barely use the pickup as a thumb rest.
Quote by brandooon