Page 1 of 108
gaboriks leaving for sure t hough, and im not so sure koivu can handle pressure as well as his brother.
LEAFS FOR CUP
Nice, just like a typical Canadian. Training camp begins and we're ready to go.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by Jericho114
Nice, just like a typical Canadian. Training camp begins and we're ready to go.

Of course, it is shameful to do otherwise.
LEAFS FOR CUP
I still can't believe Chelios is still playing. He's 46, come on. He will be getting another cup this year tho, red wings are gonna win again
ya flames are gonna really 'break some necks' this year

Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Last edited by Shayne777 at Sep 16, 2008,
Quote by Sixxology
Anyone here a Sabres fan?

I like them. They aren't my favourite obviously, but they are a team I cheer for more often than not. I live pretty close to Buffalo also.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Quote by Jericho114
I like them. They aren't my favourite obviously, but they are a team I cheer for more often than not. I live pretty close to Buffalo also.

I live like an hour from Buffalo

I go to aton of games every year.... Best game - Big brawl against Ottawa
Quote by csn00b
gaboriks leaving for sure t hough, and im not so sure koivu can handle pressure as well as his brother.

I really really really wish that Van could make a deal for Gabby.

Bieska and a 1st?

Gabby only has one year left right?
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
I can't wait to see what Gaborik can do in a full 82 games. The guy is a goal machine, i think he could easily break 60 if he played a full season. But, i see the Wild imploding with the release of Demitra and Rolston. Other than gaborik no one on that team is even close to marquee.

Prediction: i think they'll do terribly, but don't be surprised if the Leafs somehow are competitive this season. Especially Kulemin.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I'm just hoping that through some sort of divine intervention, the Leafs manage to make it into the playoffs. A little deus ex machina isn't too much to ask for. Like in those Pro-Line commercials.
I'm excited for the Habs and I've always liked Columbus for some reason, specially Nash and Leclaire. I would love to see Columbus in the playoffs and of course my beloved Habs win the Cup. It's the Habs last chance to do something cause next year is going to be a b*tch with all those contracts ending this season. But then again I trust Bob Gainey to pull it off.
Professional Tracking, Mixing and Mastering available.
Available for live sound, consultation and rig/ system designing in and around the Montreal, CA area.
PM for details.

Past clients/ credits include: The Catalyst, Click! and Alain Caron.
i hate it when ever we start a new thread that we get flooded with fanboys. But anywho i was thinking about putting down my predictions but im to tired. oh well.
Schneider waived by the ducks

again brian burke's sheer douche baggery as a GM renders him unable to find a trading partner, much like Bryzgalov, Schneider will be snapped by a team needing cap space and Brian burke will be puzzled as to why no one would trade for him
Quote by Ace88
but don't be surprised if the Leafs somehow are competitive this season.

L............O.............L

Quote by fishmunky
Schneider waived by the ducks

again brian burke's sheer douche baggery as a GM renders him unable to find a trading partner, much like Bryzgalov, Schneider will be snapped by a team needing cap space and Brian burke will be puzzled as to why no one would trade for him

I bet you that he had loads of offers, he was just insulted that he was being low balled, even though he knows he is in a position of weakness.

Instead of accepting a lowball offer he spites them all and dumps Schneider on waivers and gets nothing for him.

What a douche indeed. That shows total disrespect for Schneider, he bailed them out last year when Neidermeyer was 'struggling' with his decision to play. Now Schneider will likely end his career with LA or St. Louis...what a shaft.

Burke has no class at all.
Last edited by Tharsis at Sep 17, 2008,
Ya I despise burke, as for the leafs being competitive...when your first line is blake-antropov-ponikerovsky and 2/3 of that line will be hurt for atleast 10-15 games and Jeff Finger is in your top-4 D, then there will be difficult times ahead.
School children washing cars for charity, is there anything more arousing?
Red Wings FTW. It'll be tough to see who they re-sign at the end of the upcoming year, because they've got to worry about Zetterberg, Franzen, Conklin, and Hossa. Thankfully we wrapped up Datsyuk for 7 years.

But we'll worry about that after we win the cup again.
If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough
Quote by ToxicConfusion
Red Wings FTW. It'll be tough to see who they re-sign at the end of the upcoming year, because they've got to worry about Zetterberg, Franzen, Conklin, and Hossa. Thankfully we wrapped up Datsyuk for 7 years.

But we'll worry about that after we win the cup again.

though the red wings are awesome i'd love to see a pens-wings re-match with the pens taking it. cause i mean c'mon that would be an awesome re-match and both teams splitting it 1-1 over two years would be pretty cool
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by Tharsis
L............O.............L

I bet you that he had loads of offers, he was just insulted that he was being low balled, even though he knows he is in a position of weakness.

Instead of accepting a lowball offer he spites them all and dumps Schneider on waivers and gets nothing for him.

What a douche indeed. That shows total disrespect for Schneider, he bailed them out last year when Neidermeyer was 'struggling' with his decision to play. Now Schneider will likely end his career with LA or St. Louis...what a shaft.

Burke has no class at all.

im sure thats probably the case, and your right a total slap in Schnieder's face.

I'm certain the same thing happened last year with Bryzgalov, i mean you can't tell me there weren't other teams in the league needing a goalie in the worst way that weren't willing to take a chance on him, but Burke's douche baggery prevented him from getting a return, i bet bryzgalov haunts that decision everytime the coyotes tangle with the ducks this year

and yeah, unless ron wilson has this team being the most defensive minded team in nhl history in addition to motivating what is largely a team of 4th liners to ridiculously improbable heights, im predicting a basement finish for the leafs, toskala will steal a few games here and there, but yeah, they're largely gonna get smoked
Cliff Fletcher said the Leafs have only one first-line forward, Nikolai Antropov.

I thought that was lol-tastic.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
After last season Blake is not a first liner. He was pathetic last season, and probably will be pathetic again this season. Im more excited for the depth we have on defense now. Supposedly Frogren was one of the best defensemen outside the NHL.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
one bad season does not a player make

/yoda

Blake by his own stardards had a rough year unless you were in a pool that counted SOG, in which case he was 8 shades of awesome, I think Blake will bounce back, he had a cancer scare and apparently didnt get along with Maurice at all, hopefully this will help him out and shake him back up

yeah if only toronto's defensive depth could translate into landing some offensive talent, seriously they have like 12 guys competing for a maximum of 7 spots, they gotta be smart about it
I think Blake will be alright, but i just hope the leafs fans actually expect him to score 40.....
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
im not sure any leaf fan expects 40, but i dont think its unreasonable for a 40 goal scorer and multiple time 20+ goal scorer to net 25 is it?
No, I'm just saying 40 at this point of his career is like me expecting Naslund to score 40.....25 sounds about right.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Quote by Drmckool
though the red wings are awesome i'd love to see a pens-wings re-match with the pens taking it. cause i mean c'mon that would be an awesome re-match and both teams splitting it 1-1 over two years would be pretty cool

I want to see the rematch too, but I don't care who wins, even though I'd be cheering for the Pens, but, the Wings have a team to repeat, and the last team to repeat was the Pens, so if the Wings win, least the beat the team that was last to do it.

I think the Penguins will do really good this year, because the teams in the Atlantic Division didn't really make improvements, but most of them lost alot of players. So, because I think the division is weak, I say the Penguins are going to do really good this season, now the playoffs, we will worry about them later.

Edit: As long as Fleury doesn't get injured this year that is, I know, he got injured last year, but then along came Conklin (who I personally said should have been backup from beginning of the season), but this year we don't have Conklin, so I think if Fleury gets injured, Pens are done.

And if somehow Malkin and Crosby get injured at the same time
Last edited by eltyr18 at Sep 17, 2008,
the rags look like a better team to be honest, but the devils are essentially the same team, the ilses are mired in mediocrity and philly will have to prove that last year wasnt just a buncha hosers over achieving

watch out for phoenix though, they lost some d picking up jokinen but all around they are a good young team
Quote by fishmunky
^

i think jason blake should be offended by that but yeah its fairly accurate

Antropov is not a first line forward. He is a plug. Nothing more, nothing less.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Quote by Hanzi_G
Antropov is not a first line forward. He is a plug. Nothing more, nothing less.

he said top 6, i can see antropov playing a top six roll, he did well for himself centring toronto second line last season while kyle wellwood was injured/mired in mediocrity'

he nearly scored 30 goals last season, whether you consider him a plug or not, thats a decent year for the Big Immobile
Quote by Sixxology
Anyone here a Sabres fan?

YESS, thanks you

Sabres rule

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Wow Anaheim waives good players, any particular reason why Bryzgalov(happened a while ago) and Schnieder are gone? Cap space? First preseason game is this Saturday, can't wait.

Oh and the Isles are not full of mediocrity anymore, they are full of garbage. And I think Phoenix will make the playoffs this year, so much youth, a good goalie and Olli Jokinen.
Last edited by kleptotron at Sep 17, 2008,
Quote by eltyr18
I want to see the rematch too, but I don't care who wins, even though I'd be cheering for the Pens, but, the Wings have a team to repeat, and the last team to repeat was the Pens, so if the Wings win, least the beat the team that was last to do it.

I think the Penguins will do really good this year, because the teams in the Atlantic Division didn't really make improvements, but most of them lost alot of players. So, because I think the division is weak, I say the Penguins are going to do really good this season, now the playoffs, we will worry about them later.

Edit: As long as Fleury doesn't get injured this year that is, I know, he got injured last year, but then along came Conklin (who I personally said should have been backup from beginning of the season), but this year we don't have Conklin, so I think if Fleury gets injured, Pens are done.

And if somehow Malkin and Crosby get injured at the same time

Last team to repeat what? Back to back stanely cups?

Detroit won 97-98 and I believe that was the last time a team has won back to back. Or do you mean back to back cups against the same team?
Quote by red18420

Last edited by Jericho114 at Sep 17, 2008,
Quote by kleptotron
Wow Anaheim waives good players, any particular reason why Bryzgalov(happened a while ago) and Schnieder are gone? Cap space?

like I mentioned above, I am sure it is out of pride. Burke has such an inflated ego that he probably cannot accept a trade where he is being lowballed. Seeing as he was dealing in a position of weakness for Bryzgalov as well as Schneider. He would rather lose them for nothing than feel like he is being taken advantage of. It is a classic case of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

He could have gotten picks for Bryzgalov (look at the Huet trade to Washington) and I am sure he could have gotten something for Schneider. He just refuses to be backed into a corner, even if it means hurting the team.