Ok guys.. i've been playing guitar for around 5 years now, and ya know it's got to that time where i need to buy some better gear

Basically i love my versatility in my instrument :P my current guitar is an Ibanez GSA60, it's cheap but it is a dirty guitar :P the pickups are pretty varied and the range of sounds i can make with it are awesome, however... it's falling apart

I am also just about to buy a Marshall JVM410 amplifier, and that's what i'll be running this guitar through, so bare that in mind..

My main influences in guitar sound are: sonic youth, dinosaur JR, smashing pumpkins, pearl jam, Jimi hendrix, Nine inch nails, radiohead, tool, soundgarden etc.

I wanna try for a decent fender stratocaster/jazzmaster, coz i'd love to whack one through a fuzz pedal and just you know "turn all the knobs up". I'm very much into making crazy sounds and just rocking out, especially through a marshall.

On the other hand i currently play an Ibanez, it is a H-S-S setup though, which differs from the modern trend of Ibanez guitars which are normally H-S-H. I haven't had too much experience from them.. but i do love my guitar :P and i am tempted by the tight punchy metal sound that i can get from an Ibanez, perhaps if i can pick up a decent guitar from the SA series and get the H-S-S setup with some dimarzio's i could retain the versatility, whereas fender strats may aswell only have one pickup IMO.

then the black sheep is just a gibson les paul, the tone from an 81, 85 badboy does just kick arse, and i'm tempted to pidgeonhole myself into playing solely rock just so i can get it :P

any help/input would be appreciated.. i'm mostly looking for something unique, slightly crazy and original sounding, with a bit of soul!
man you sound like your looking for the perfect guitar to define you, i would recommend hitting up a guitar shop, telling the boys there what you told us, and just try out a bunch of guitars and a bunch of variety, this is probably a more effective way of getting the guitar your looking for
Ah yea thanks alot for the input :P that's what i plan to do, but the more input/names i can get the better
by you logic your ibanez should only have two pickups then and a les paul should only have one pickup too . but anyway to stay on topic, i would personally get something around the s series from ibanez if thats who you feel comfortable with, like the s320 or if you want something like hsh you could get S470DXQM
Gear: I haz some

Quote by RCA1186
hah its ok besa, i still love you

^ guess someone has too
Fretking...

Super 60 SP with a P90 in the bridge?
http://www.fret-king.com/super60speom_spec.html

or an Esprit 3?
http://www.fret-king.com/esprit3_b.html
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
you sure seem to like those fretkings, mark. i haven't been able to try them, there's like one dealer in the whole of ireland, and it's right smack in the very south-west (i.e. as far from me as it's possibly to be in ireland)...

some japanese fenders might be worth a look too, i think they do jaguars/jazzmasters and the like.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?