i have been playing guitar for a little over three years, so im pretty much still a beginner
i've been looking at some amps for a while, right now i have a 15 watt vox valvetronix amp, i can get some pretty decent sounds out of it, but im looking for more of a gigging amp.
my guitar teacher and a friend recommended the valveking 212, its 100 watts and all tube. i haven't played it yet, and i know next to nothing about amps, but i want something that will give me a very metallica sound, be loud enough to play a small show with about 1000 people, and will be under $700
any advice?
thanks
Are you able to go used? As that will open up your choices so much more.
Guitar: Ibanez Rg 2ex2/ with Dizmarzio Super Distortion
Amp: Peavey Valveking 212 (replacing soon)
Pedals: Planet Waves Tuner, Boss DS-1, Digitech DF-7, MXR-108 EQ
VK is pretty good. Idk about other amps in your price range, though. I'd stick around for other options just to be safe.

And also, if you get one... be prepared to spend on upgrades. Especially speakers.
O O

___
What part of Jersey are you from?

VK's aren't great amps.

*waits for 311Zoso to get here*
Yeah... VKs are pretty good. But for THAT price range... definately get something used. That'll give you way more/better options.
O O

___
What do you want? A combo? Or a head?

And also, what kind of music do you play?
O O

___
Quote by TheBax
What do you want? A combo? Or a head?

And also, what kind of music do you play?

a combo
i play pretty much like stuff that sounds like bullet for my valentine, and also some more senses fail-ish stuff
Maybe an old JCM? In my opinion though a VK can do Metallica good. But theres just so many better amps out there.
I'm not really good with metal-ish type amps.

Have you went to any stores yet and just tried stuff out? ...that always helps....
O O

___
Well both sense fail and bfmv arent that metallish to me, as where they would need a lot of gain. Especially sense fail. Im gonna have to say some sort of JCM.