Im primarily a bassist, but have been playing guitar even longer. Im the bassist for my main band. And im starting a new band with my cousin.

Im the vocalist, and rhythem guitarist, while my cousin is the lead guitarist. We have a drummer and bassist already.

I just need a new guitar, because the past few years ive been focusing mainly on bass.

The band is a Thrash metal band, like Metallica, Slayer, Kreator, and Death. And im nto a rhythem guitarist who just do the chords, and no technical stuff. I do alot of picking along with the rhythem. And in one of the songs, my cousin and I have a guitar battle in the song.

So i need a guitar that is a rhythem machine, but can also handle solo's, with sustain, and a wammy bar would be a plus.

Any help and advice and suggestions are extemely wanted and needed!

~MWarrens
Ibanez RGs... Fender Standard MIM strats... Epi's... except you can rarely find one with a tremelo system
Sounds like you need a Hellraiser FR.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
As a general rule, rhythm guitars with fixed bridges are best. A price range would help. Otherwise, i'd look into schecter, ibanez, maybe epiphone's prophecy guitars.
my first suggestions would be to learn how to spell "rhythm" first, or at least be able to use spell check..

secondly, schecters are pretty nice, but don't get a crappy one
it depends how much money you have though, but if you have enough, i would buy a schecter hellraiser
jacksons are also pretty good, too
even epiphones can really kick ass too
I like my LTD F-250. That's pretty much what I bought it for and it's an amazing bang for its buck.
Dean Razorback. Nuff said man. nuff said.
Quote by kranoscorp
I find that I feel the same about women who play bass as I think of immigrants in America.

I respect them for finding a place in society under a lot of ridicule, but I have an odd paranoia that they are going to steal my job.
Quote by ZeBubba!
Dean Razorback. Nuff said man. nuff said.

Check out Les Paul style guitars like the ESP/LTD EC series.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
you need to know any guitar can be a good rhythm guitar, because any guitar worth playing can do both, i would get a dean razorback just make sure it has 24 frets if you want that.
Quote by BleedDeathMetal

Check out Les Paul style guitars like the ESP/LTD EC series.

i didn't know les paul, or the eclipse had a trem, unless you go custom shop.
ESP would probably serve you well, since both guitarists in Metallica use ESPs. They have their own signature models, if you like. If you want a whammy bar, the M series should do well, methinks.
I wouldn't suggest getting a trem on a guitar unless you're going to get an original Floyd Rose or an Ibanez Edge Pro.

Btw, shecter says "original floyd rose" while it isn't even made in

1. America
2. Germany

so I don't know where they're getting that from.
Any guitar that you find comfortable can play both rhythm and lead. If it can't, it's you.
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware
Quote by jefffelker40
i didn't know les paul, or the eclipse had a trem, unless you go custom shop.

They don't but he said a trem is only a plus. A string-thru like a paul has more sustain then most guitars with Floyd Roses, and in his price range most guitars with trems will be shit.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
I think you'd like a vintage Gibson Flying V /w whammy bar if you dont mind the rounder look. I personally prefer it to the Jackson RR series . It's got enough body for some pretty killer sustain and I dont think the whammy on it would make it worble too much.

Or if you want to eliminate the whammy bar, an Explorer or Les Paulesque guitar is a must.
Anything with a bigger fretboard radius is going to make it a lot easier to play barre chords.
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
Stop failing, and things will work out.
epi les paul, prs se custom.
Quote by JackFlash19
A musician will work through bad gigs, rough relationships with bandmates, disagreements, and the like to further the success of the band.
MIA Fender Tele - best rhythm guitar I've played
The Poodle Bites,
The Poodle Chews It.
C'mon Frenchie!
HSS Strat, or a SSS Strat with a stacked humbucker.

Or a Les Paul.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
Schecter Hellraiser. Or maybe a Jackson JS30RR.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
Schecter Hellraiser. Or maybe a Jackson JS30RR.

The JS30RR would work perfectly, besides the fact its a pain in the ass to play sitting down. I own one and i do rhythm and lead work, It works great for both. its got a nice tone for trashy sounding stuff. only problem is replacing strings through the body. Gotta line them up just right.