I have no idea what i want for my first pedal i was thinking a TS9 or maybe a vox wah... any thoughts ?? I will be playing it through a peavey classic 50 4x10.

Thanks! ps im open to any different ideas im not set on anything!
Quote by PinguinLeader
aint this spam?

Edit:and where is that report button, everytime i wanna use it it is gone

2th edit: and dont even think of sigging that
well first off,
1) do you like the gain on your amp?
if not, you might wanna look at a dist. pedal.
if your into like, classic rock n' stuff,
maybe a wah or delay,
metal? flanger.
its preferences
BulletzAreScene
i'd get a distortion pedal under the name of "BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone." Or for wah, "Dunlop Crybaby Original wah.
i'm getting the boss blues driver, and the dimebag wah, i wouldn't trust a vox if i were you but then again i never cared for peavey either, boss makes some good ones, the ibanez tube screamer is cool, if your really loaded and just want to get a pedal to have a really cool pedal get an electro harmonix pog.
you should buy a pedal if you don't need one, you buy pedals to improve something your amp or guitar lack.
Whats the blues driver , a OD? Is that better than the TS9?
Quote by PinguinLeader
aint this spam?

sorry for double post, Are OD and distorsion the same pedals basicly?
Quote by PinguinLeader
aint this spam?

Quote by randomhero93
i'd get a distortion pedal under the name of "BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone." Or for wah, "Dunlop Crybaby Original wah.

For the sake of your ears, don't get a Metal Zone.

TS, what styles do you play?
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
i play classic rock and like random stuff. modern rock , nothing too heavey
Quote by PinguinLeader
aint this spam?

Quote by johnrocco151991
Whats the blues driver , a OD? Is that better than the TS9?

blues driver is th eamerican choice version of the ts-9.i had both the ts-9 owns

i love my tubescreamer i wouldnt trade it for the world

honestly if your looking to get cool sounds get a vox wah or dunlop
if your looking more tone capabilities in terms of gain get the tubescreamer

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by randomhero93

I hope that's a joke. You have a really good amp already, so why would you want to ruin that with a distortion...especially the Metal Zone, of all pedals. I do however recommend the TS-9, or the Dunlop Crybaby Wah. I would use the TS-9 maybe to boost gain for solos and such. Hope this helps!!
Quote by johnrocco151991
sorry for double post, Are OD and distorsion the same pedals basicly?

Not exactly.
I'm not going to go into the technical aspects, mainly because i don't really know them.

But an OD will drive your amp harder and add to the distortion on your amp.

A distortion pedal has its own distortion circuit i believe. So it might not sound to great with the distortion on your amp.

If i were you, I'd probably get an OD, unless you want to play really heavy stuff.
Guitar:
Amps:
Engl Fireball
metal zone=noob

get a tubescreamer and use it with the gain channel on your amp if your looking for more gain. honsetly id get one of those brand new stereo delay pedals that digitech just made. they look rather enticing even though i have a tc electronic rack box...
the reason i was thinking TS9 was so i wouldnt have to take the amp off the clean channel cause i hate how it lowers and raises the volume. also the shared tone controls make it so i dont get the tone i want on the clean if i have them where i need to for the amps own tube distortion , which actually is plenty heavy enough..
Quote by PinguinLeader
aint this spam?

TS, in reality you might actually not need any pedals, but it appears as though you would like an Overdrive.

I would reccomend a Fulltone OCD, or a Jaques Overtube, maybe a Visual Sound Double Trouble.

As far as wahs go, for what you are playing a Vox V847 would be perfect. Considering the fact that you aren't playing stuff with too high gain, it would work out sweet and suculant wah tones.
Quote by xMikeyxMetalx
Not exactly.
I'm not going to go into the technical aspects, mainly because i don't really know them.

But an OD will drive your amp harder and add to the distortion on your amp.

A distortion pedal has its own distortion circuit i believe. So it might not sound to great with the distortion on your amp.

If i were you, I'd probably get an OD, unless you want to play really heavy stuff.

It all has to do with clipping. there is a chart in one of the stickies. The overdrives produce a soft clipping that lets your amp come through more while driving it harder. which is why they don't work so well with SS amps. Distortions use a harder clipping that "drowns out" the original tone and doesn't drive the amp as hard.
I would suggest an OD to help your gain (TS9 is pretty good) as well as the MXR 6-band eq. A wah and delay are fun as well. DD-3 is pretty good, and a 535q is a decent wah
Quote by mcrfobtai
It all has to do with clipping. there is a chart in one of the stickies. The overdrives produce a soft clipping that lets your amp come through more while driving it harder. which is why they don't work so well with SS amps. Distortions use a harder clipping that "drowns out" the original tone and doesn't drive the amp as hard.
I would suggest an OD to help your gain (TS9 is pretty good) as well as the MXR 6-band eq. A wah and delay are fun as well. DD-3 is pretty good, and a 535q is a decent wah

I knew it was something to do with soft and hard clipping.
I didn't want to mix the two up though.
Now i understand it.

To the TS, I'd say maybe get a TS7 from this guy: http://www.bodenhamer-electronics.com/

Like a modded ts808, for less than the price of a TS9.
Delay might be a good idea too.

Just go to a guitar store and play with random effects if you can.
Maybe you'll find one you think inspires you or enhances your sound.
Guitar:
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Quote by xMikeyxMetalx
I knew it was something to do with soft and hard clipping.
I didn't want to mix the two up though.
Now i understand it.

To the TS, I'd say maybe get a TS7 from this guy: http://www.bodenhamer-electronics.com/

Like a modded ts808, for less than the price of a TS9.
Delay might be a good idea too.

Just go to a guitar store and play with random effects if you can.
Maybe you'll find one you think inspires you or enhances your sound.

Glad to help though I may be wrong. Check one of the stickies
Overdrives are designed to sound like an overdriven tube amp, typically don't have a lot of gain and usually sound best with gain near zero and level near ten pushing a tube amp. 808s and their variants tend to be muddy if the level isn't cranked and the gain isn't low. Lots of output some they're able to push the preamp of a tube amp hard.

Distortions pedal clip diodes very hard and create lots of gain. They usually don't sound as good, though they can work well as an overdrive with a different flavor. Vai and Satch both use DS-1s as ODs, though satch uses a keeley modded one.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Vai and Satch both use DS-1s as ODs, though satch uses a keeley modded one.

Don't Vai and Satch have signature distortion/overdrive pedals (the Jemini and Satchurator respectively) though?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
^Doesn't mean they use them. I don't know if they still use ds1s, but they used to. Surfin with the alien, that with a ds1.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
vai uses/used a keeley modded DS-1 as well
I didn't know satch used one as well.
Guitar:
Amps:
Engl Fireball