this is not a vs thread. its just opinions on both of gibsons tech guitars.

hd 6x pro=awesome IMO because the single string pickup system is awesome i believe and is great for recording artists.

robot guitar= a 5000 dollar guitar to teach noobs how to tune. i think theyre dumb. because anyone who owns a 5000 dollar guitar must be quite experienced and know more tunings and stuff than that stupid knob.

you opinions?
schecter hellraiser c-1 fr
GAS list...
Mesa roadster with 2/12 recto cab
PGM 301
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels
i think the robot guitar is the dumbest thing ever, if you really want to play alternate tunings you need alternate guitars, a robot guitar can't change the strings to a thick gauge for drop tunings, and $5000? not to mention no trem, and only 22 frets, i'm liking gibson and epiphone less and less.
Quote by OrangePossum
The Robot is 5000? I thought it was half that...

List is $4289 but for most places like musiciansfriend it's $2789.
Quote by Steven Wright
If God dropped acid, would he see people?
Don't forget about adding extra weight to a neck heavy guitar. Robot SG is a downer.
Quote by xFinnellx
this is not a vs thread. its just opinions on both of gibsons tech guitars.

hd 6x pro=awesome IMO because the single string pickup system is awesome i believe and is great for recording artists.

robot guitar= a 5000 dollar guitar to teach noobs how to tune. i think theyre dumb. because anyone who owns a 5000 dollar guitar must be quite experienced and know more tunings and stuff than that stupid knob.

you opinions?

I think it's geared more towards people who use several different tunings on stage, or perhaps even in one song.

This Guy is Stupid.
|
\/
Quote by jefffelker40
i think the robot guitar is the dumbest thing ever, if you really want to play alternate tunings you need alternate guitars, a robot guitar can't change the strings to a thick gauge for drop tunings, and $5000? not to mention no trem, and only 22 frets, i'm liking gibson and epiphone less and less.

Buying a gibson/epiphone for trem=FAIL

Robot guitar= FAIL

Gibson is just making worse and worse guitars...
I think its a great invention. Sometimes the ease of use is worth it for some people. I rather buy a different guitar, but once I have the guitars I want I would definatelly consider the gibson robot.
I actually find the robot guitar is a nice idea, and man... Get used to the idea that if you have money, it can sometimes replace skill.

Herman Li IMO with his studio magic
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
HD 6x pro is kinda cool tho u know. too pricey still.

gibson is getting a bad rep amongst guitarists wich is a good thing. you cant be the "holy grail" forever. just like marshall (even tho theyre better on the quality rating, theyre still way too overpriced).
GAS list...
PGM 301
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels
I would definitely consider a used one if the price was right. I use a lot of different tunings, and it's a huge pain to retune so often. They work pretty well, and they come in purple
I wouldn't have any use for the HD guitar though.
well how often are you going to need to re-intonate? i only do it every time i try different strings. i always use light 9-42 gauge (i think thats em). DR's for the win. i have a set of D'adds i MITE put on. same gauge.

intonating is not as bad as changing string gauges on a floyd rose
GAS list...
PGM 301