I realize there was a big thread on this before but I don't know if this falls into it.

Anyway, I was talking to my friend today. She asked how school went today and I said we had to present summer reading book reports. 5 girls got to go today, everyone of them did Twilight. So our conversation went as followed....

Her: How was your day?
Me: Fine, besides the fact I had to listen to 5 book reports in a row about Twilight. For 90 minuets I got to basically hear "bella was an emo loser. She moved to a new town. She hated it, she really hated it, she hated it there. OMG she like, saw other weird emo kids. OMG her friend said they were different. OMFG THEY ARE LIKE VAMPIRES!!1111 OMG I love him even though i only knew him for like 3 months! I wanna be like him111111!!!!!! Oh no, another mean vampire, save me Edward, you're so prefect and sweet, your love beats your desire to suck the blood right out of my body. I love you.

She then told me to stop being a prick and making fun of these, and I quote, "masterpieces." Masterpieces? I would call them trendy novels. I told her "Twilight isn't a masterpiece. Books like, Of Mice And Men and Tom Sawyer are masterpieces. Maybe not for being the best books ever, but they have been around for years and still will be." She's never heard of either book....

Is this the downfall of humanity?
It's the fail of our gurlies.

I think it's more like The Downfall of Vagina.

._.

I just realized what I said.
Quote by Durell, spelt like Derrell but pronounced Durell
Can I get yo beautiful ass numba?
I'm confused as to why you are angry.

Did this directly effect you?

Or did the girls' ignorance just piss you off.

Both perhaps?
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
You are cool if you don't go to school.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I've noticed a lot of people around my school reading these books, as well as several of my male friends. I'm worried.
Quote by Pedalboard
I'm confused as to why you are angry.

Did this directly effect you?

Or did the girls' ignorance just piss you off.

Both perhaps?

I had to spend a 90 minute class, hearing 5 book reports about Twilight, back to back. Then when I commented to my friend about it she said Twilight was a MASTERPIECE. And she's never heard of, Of Mice And Men or Tom Sawyer.
Quote by The_Paranoia
I had to spend a 90 minute class, hearing 5 book reports about Twilight, back to back. Then when I commented to my friend about it she said Twilight was a MASTERPIECE. And she's never heard of, Of Mice And Men or Tom Sawyer.

We are talking about Rush, right?
Quote by darkstar2466
You are cool if you don't go to school.

this, all you have to learn is in the pit.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Quote by The_Paranoia

I'm sure there's been plenty of other times like this is your life. If not, get the hell used to it, cause no matter how incredible someones stupidity may be, there is always someone stupider in the world.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
Quote by InvaderTSN
We are talking about Rush, right?

What do you say about his company?
What do you say about society?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Pedalboard
I'm sure there's been plenty of other times like this is your life. If not, get the hell used to it, cause no matter how incredible someones stupidity may be, there is always someone stupider in the world.

i will fight the urge to make a sarcastic comment and i will suceed
Quote by Pedalboard

No shit. I'm just showing a point of someone who has told me that she "loves literature." Calls Twilight a masterpiece yet has never heard of 2 classic novels. I know there is someone less smart than she is.

Quote by mr.happyman
oh noes!!! people have different tastes than you, must be the end of the world!

Because that was the point of my topic.
Quote by darkstar2466
What do you say about his company?
What do you say about society?

Well, he catches the mist, catches the myth, catches the mystery, and catches the drift, that's for sure.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Well, he catches the mist, catches the myth, catches the mystery, and catches the drift, that's for sure.

Well the world is, is... Love and life are deep. Maybe this is all because Edwards eyes are wide?
Quote by The_Paranoia
No shit. I'm just showing a point of someone who has told me that she "loves literature." Calls Twilight a masterpiece yet has never heard of 2 classic novels. I know there is someone less smart than she is.

Because that was the point of my topic.

hey, I've read a couple of these so-called "masterpieces" (several Jules Verne books, stuff like that) and frankly, they are just damn hard to read. I didn't mind because I'm a nerd, but to the average person, they're just more trouble than they are worth. so what, they have different opinions than you on what great books are, (albeit stupid opinions(damn i think i used albeit wrong)) Get over it.*

*disclaimer- this is just my opinion. do not attack me for it.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562