I just got into photography and my dad happens to find this lens:

Any photographers out there can help me figure out what camera is compatible with it?
Quote by masterk1818
Ya well when i wrestle/play with my dog he sometimes jumps on my back and starts humping me. But should he be doing this if he is neutered?

Quote by InvaderTSN
Wrestle with him naked. He'll ruv you rong time.

flickr
Quote by SeveralSpecies

....no homo?
I don't know, but it's gonna make you take photos of the future or something.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by Havok19
I just got into photography and my dad happens to find this lens:

*pics*

Any photographers out there can help me figure out what camera is compatible with it?

Ask the Swede.
Why would you quote his whole post?

Edit: Good boy
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Haha, what is that, a rifle scope... jesus.

Sorry though, I dunno much about cameras. But if you get that thing up an running, post some pics on UG. You could probably get a good pic of Jupiter.
Currently reading:

Crime and Punishment
The Age of Reason
Little Dorrit

"Illegitimis nil carborundum"
I don't know, but I see that you have a psp.

If you haven't hacked it yet, p.m me!

Once hacked you can run... *ahem* "Backups"
its s soligor telephoto lens... im not sure about what it can fit onto though.. google their lenses and try to find some stuff out.
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
Wow, a 450mm. Nice. Even the cheap 450mm are expensive.

Anyway. From the looks of it, that looks like one of Soligor's famous T4 interchangeable mount lenses and I believe the mount is missing from that lens. They made mounts for all of these cameras:

* Canon FL (same as FD)
* Minolta SR (Uses MC and MD line of lenses)
* Miranda bayonet (all except Sensorex)
* Miranda Sensorex
* Nikon F - Silver or black
* Pentax/Praktica universal screw (M42)
* Topcon RE,
Quote by eurotrashed
Wow, a 450mm. Nice. Even the cheap 450mm are expensive.

Anyway. From the looks of it, that looks like one of Soligor's famous T4 interchangeable mount lenses and I believe the mount is missing from that lens. They made mounts for all of these cameras:

* Canon FL (same as FD)
* Minolta SR (Uses MC and MD line of lenses)
* Miranda bayonet (all except Sensorex)
* Miranda Sensorex
* Nikon F - Silver or black
* Pentax/Praktica universal screw (M42)
* Topcon RE,

So for each of those cameras there was a custom mount made to fit them?
I'm also guessing that the cameras that you listed a film cameras?
Quote by masterk1818
Ya well when i wrestle/play with my dog he sometimes jumps on my back and starts humping me. But should he be doing this if he is neutered?

Quote by InvaderTSN

flickr
Quote by SeveralSpecies

....no homo?
they weren't custom made. They made different mounts for each camera, but instead of having to buy a different lens, you just bought that lens and bought the appropriate mount.

That lens is def before the day of DSLR. However, as long as the mounts are the same they can work on modern DSLR. Every Nikon lens fits on every Nikon 35mm and Digital SLR except the D40 and D60. And any Canon lens from I think 1985 and newer works on a current Canon DSLR
Man I really doubt that its going to work on a sony a200 I'm planning to buy. I guess I'll have to sell it. I can't really find any info on this lens on google either.
Quote by masterk1818

Quote by InvaderTSN

flickr
Quote by SeveralSpecies

....no homo?
yeah, its not going to work there. unless you did get a custom mount made..

Why the Sony A200? I don't like Canon and I would actually recommend a Canon over that. I picked up a Nikon D70 body for $300 on ebay and have seen D50 bodies and lenses go for $250-$300 on Craigslist
Quote by eurotrashed
yeah, its not going to work there. unless you did get a custom mount made..

Why the Sony A200? I don't like Canon and I would actually recommend a Canon over that. I picked up a Nikon D70 body for $300 on ebay and have seen D50 bodies and lenses go for $250-$300 on Craigslist

I know its just a matter of not having enough money for it, thats why I got so exited when he brought this lens home. I would get the canon xs if I could.
I found the sony for 283$ with the kit lens and then with a 2gb cf memory card its going to come out to about 300$.
Quote by masterk1818

Quote by InvaderTSN

flickr
Quote by SeveralSpecies

....no homo?