New song my band has. We're a band of three 14 year olds and one 13 year old. It's in video form so here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrhG2G-PBZA

It's one of our more proggy songs because of all the parts. I know it's not prog, but we're a prog band, just none of the songs we've played live have been the ones with 13/8 measures :P.

Crit for crit.
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
Last edited by StrokeMidnight at Nov 24, 2008,
It's always good to see such a young band; I've been in my band since I was 14 as well, but we weren't doing fully thought-out original songs for a while after we formed, so nice job getting organized so early on. Unfortunately, the quality of the video takes away from it slightly, but what I can clearly make out of the song sounds fantastic. I like the fact that you avoided being overly repetitive and used a bunch of different parts, and I'd love to hear your more progressive stuff. Oh, and the solo is extremely impressive. My advice would be to invest in a good quality recording system and get this properly recorded, because you clearly have tons of potential and I'd love to really hear this clearly.
Quote by BewareOfDog
It's always good to see such a young band; I've been in my band since I was 14 as well, but we weren't doing fully thought-out original songs for a while after we formed, so nice job getting organized so early on. Unfortunately, the quality of the video takes away from it slightly, but what I can clearly make out of the song sounds fantastic. I like the fact that you avoided being overly repetitive and used a bunch of different parts, and I'd love to hear your more progressive stuff. Oh, and the solo is extremely impressive. My advice would be to invest in a good quality recording system and get this properly recorded, because you clearly have tons of potential and I'd love to really hear this clearly.

Thank you very much! Our first studio album is slated for this February so you'll be able to hear it then. If you have another song you would like me to comment on, could you also comment on this one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkC3ePleBGA

Also, if you go to our website www.knaves13.com you can see one of our jazzy songs, or go to our myspace (www.myspace.com/knaves13)
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
We added an updated version of Can You Hear Me? to our youtube. It's much clearer and you can hear the lyrics and everything. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrhG2G-PBZA
You guys are rly good for ur age in a year or two you guys'll be really awsome
Quote by the NAB
You guys are rly good for ur age in a year or two you guys'll be really awsome

Thanks!
yeah, like the others said, you're doing well for 13 and 14.

Hell, I'm 15 and i've only just started recording my own stuff.

as for the piece itself, you're right in that it's not prog, but it's smooth and relatively original all the same.

the only problems i could pick were your stage presence and vocals, which could both use some work.

You're doing great though. I can see you guys as maybe having a good future in the industry if you tried for it.

C4C? www.myspace.com/stilettostabwounds
People have been saying there are no dynamic changes in this piece. Would you agree with this?
Pretty good!
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by mothership
Pretty good!

Thanks!