I've been saving up all summer, and now the time has come for me to buy a new guitar. I have one question. Which is better, the Custom 22 or 24?
Quote by drunkinkoala
Yes, I would masturbate a horse.

Quote by Hcmanu
So there you have it kids, You're not eating easter eggs, you're eating the parastic-like insides of rabbits. Happy Easter, I've got a corpse to rape!
24 is approximately two frets better.

/thread
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Get the 24 if you can, if only so you have two more frets and won't be cursing the gods should you ever need said frets and got the 22...
some would prefer the 22. i prefer the 24.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
The weird thing is, the 24 is about $800 cheaper. So I was wondering if it was inferior in some way.
Quote by drunkinkoala

Quote by Hcmanu
So there you have it kids, You're not eating easter eggs, you're eating the parastic-like insides of rabbits. Happy Easter, I've got a corpse to rape!
Quote by Najarok
The weird thing is, the 24 is about $800 cheaper. So I was wondering if it was inferior in some way.

Odd...
Non-essential specs perhaps, the guitars vary somewhat from one to another due to custom options, but the essentials shouldn't be all that different (if at all) aside from the frets.
Cool, thanks
Quote by drunkinkoala

Quote by Hcmanu
The only difference between the Custom 22 and 24 is the number of frets, the pickups, and the placement of the bridge pickup.

Are you sure the Custom 22 you're looking at isn't a 10 top?
I wasn't at the store myself. My brother knows what guitar I'm looking for, and when he went to pick my guitar up from the store (getting repaired) he checked out the PRS. It may have been a 10 top.
Quote by drunkinkoala

Quote by Hcmanu
As T!AN said, the only differences are the number of frets, pickups and also the neck profile. Custom 22's pickups are more vintage sounding than the 24's, and the neck can be fatter if you choose it.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
There was a huge thread on this awhile back, try and find that

but I'd personally go with the 24 for the better accsess to the 22nd fret
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
I would go for the 22, since, like everyone says, I don't play much modern music.

So yeah. If you play modern type things, get the 24, and more vintage style, the 22.
Cam Sampbell's my hero