Has anyone ever tried this combination? I recently got the head, and i really like it. But im not too keen on the 4x12 cab. Its not that it sounds bad, its just big and heavy like all 4x12s. Im thinking of returning it and just going with 2 2x12s. Ive heard the G-flex is a good cab, so im interested in what you guys think before i decide on what im going to do.
Last edited by dethfield at Sep 16, 2008,
The G-flex is pretty good but it's a little on the dry side. You have a lot of treble and a lot of bass with it. It's also a 16ohm cab so it's kind of hard to deal with when your amp has two outputs, and your other cab is 8 ohms. You'd have to run the output at like 4ohms and hope your amp can take that. Most well built amps have a tolerance of about 6 ohms anyways, thats why you rarely see Mesa Boogie output transformer problems.

I like my G-flex but I blend it with my Carvin Legacy which has a ton of harmonics, a pretty thumping low end, and an ultra powerful high-medium high end. The blend fills the spectrum nicely.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
The G-flex is pretty good but it's a little on the dry side. You have a lot of treble and a lot of bass with it. It's also a 16ohm cab so it's kind of hard to deal with when your amp has two outputs, and your other cab is 8 ohms. You'd have to run the output at like 4ohms and hope your amp can take that. Most well built amps have a tolerance of about 6 ohms anyways, thats why you rarely see Mesa Boogie output transformer problems.

I like my G-flex but I blend it with my Carvin Legacy which has a ton of harmonics, a pretty thumping low end, and an ultra powerful high-medium high end. The blend fills the spectrum nicely.

According to the genz benz website, the G-flex can be 4 or 16 ohms mono, or 8 ohms stereo.. is this incorrect?
The 8 ohms is for each individual speaker, such as the right or left side only. I'm not 100% sure about the 4 ohms. I know there is a 16 ohm mono thing though.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio