Page 1 of 2
Well Pit, I need to broaden my musical tastes. So, Can some of you give me good glam metal bands to listen to?
None of them.

EDIT:
Quote by theking182
...Queen?

If this counts, then I retract my statement.
Last edited by synpet713192 at Sep 16, 2008,
...Queen?
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
Motley Crue, Poison, Quiet Riot, Skid Row, and Ratt.

Quote by theking182
...Queen?

Not even close.
Whitesnake, Cinderella, Dokken, and Motley Crue.
Questions of science
Science and progress
Do not speak as loud as my heart
Quote by IUseAPurplePick
Billie Joe is a really good guitarist, Green Day is like the best shred band around.

^Fails.
the only glam band that i like is van halen. motley crue and poison each have a few songs that are ok but not many. and some people consider gun n roses glam. based on their image i would agree but i dont really consider them a glam band based on the music
Quote by CTFOD
Ledger as the Joker had oceans of charisma, like Jesus or Hitler.
WASP ... I very much dislike glam "metal" like poison and such, its pop.

and its not metal, but try the New York Dolls, and I like some T Rex. From back when glam was good.
Quote by InvaderTSN
What. The. Fuck.

Only glam aspect of them were Freddie's outfits when performing.

*ahem*
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glam_rock
(refer to the quote embedded within the first sentence.)
And if the Devil is 6,

Pantera!!

Seriously, their first few albums are so great and I hate Glam Metal.

Diamond Darrell was just as cool as Dimebag Darrell.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by theking182

I believe that says glam ROCK and the TS asked about glam METAL... Not the Same.

EDIT: Just as so it's not spam, Motley Crue and some Early Bon Jovi are easy to get in to.
Last edited by pataldo at Sep 16, 2008,
the crue.

nuff said.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by pataldo
I believe that says glam ROCK and the TS asked about glam METAL... Not the Same.

fair enough.
i was being sarcastic in the original post anyway, and once i found i had a slightly valid argument, i just went with it.
And if the Devil is 6,

Skid Row, Dokken, Winger, and T. Rex are all excellent bands that are or at least flirt with being glam. Skid Row was really only glam for the first album, but Slave to the Grind is amazing. Dokken has George Lynch, Winger has an undeserved bad reputation but the music (regardless of your taste in lyrics) is great and they're all amazingly talented musicians. T. Rex just flat-out rocks.
EDIT: Not *technically* glam (I think), but get the Operation: Mindcrime album by Queensryche. Make sure it's the first one, though.
NOR'EDIT: ^AHAHAHAHA I'd forgotten that one. Roth's cool though, he was able to make fun of the 80's even while he was living it 110%.
And don't forget Extreme!
Last edited by Nightfyre at Sep 17, 2008,
You guys are a disgrace.
Mother ****ing EUROPE!

I recommend the songs "Cherokee", "Rock The Night", and "The Final Countdown".

Check out "Great White - Lady Red Light".
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by Nightfyre
Skid Row, Dokken, Winger, and T. Rex are all excellent bands that are or at least flirt with being glam. Skid Row was really only glam for the first album, but Slave to The Grind is amazing. Dokken has George Lynch, Winger has an undeserved bad reputation but the music (regardless of your taste in lyrics) is great and they're all amazingly talented musicians. T. Rex just flat-out rocks.

Cool, somebody recognized T Rex finally.

But really? Out of all the processed crap that was 80s glam metal... no body sees the diamond in the shit that is WASP?
no such thing as good glam. There were bands that got lumped in with glam but had a more rock edge to them and there are only two of those Skid Row and Tesla
Oh, and I may get raped for this, but:
Early Pantera .
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

The words "good" and "glam metal" don't belong in a sentence unless they come after "there is no such thing as." Only glam metal song that doesn't give me the urge to go postal is Cum On Feel The Noise by Quiet Riot.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by urik
Oh, and I may get raped for this, but:
Early Pantera .

This man knows his stuff.

It's so hilarious to hear Phil sing like that. I love it.

EDIT: ^You're just mad because women loved them and still do in some cases.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
This man knows his stuff.

It's so hilarious to hear Phil sing like that. I love it.

EDIT: ^You're just mad because women loved them and still do in some cases.

I am pretty sure that they had a different singer back in those days, Phil cam in when they changed their style
Quote by shadow__666
The words "good" and "glam metal" don't belong in a sentence unless they come after "there is no such thing as." Only glam metal song that doesn't give me the urge to go postal is Cum On Feel The Noise by Quiet Riot.

that is the most annoying song ever. There was good glam metal, very little, but some, listen to stuff that isnt played on the radio every day.

and to early pantera guy, it wasnt phil singing, they had someone else in the beginning. he can hit the notes though, listen to him squeal at the end of cemetary gates even, i wish he would have done his high notes more.
Oh man, what kind of glam metal, pop glam or real glam metal?

Difference: Pop metal is more upbeat, more fun to listen to, while glam metal is just metal with makeup.

Best Glam Metal Band: Motley Crue
Good Glam Metal Band: Quiet Riot

Best Pop Metal Band: Guns n Roses
Good Pop Metal Band: Cinderella

Not Glam: Bon Jovi, GNR, those are hair metal bands. Big difference. They don't wear makeup.

Glam = Makeup. Hair = No makeup.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Dokken, Ratt, Poison, Skid Row, Firehouse, Motley Crue
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Page 1 of 2