Page 1 of 2
Search Bar held no results, which I find surprising. Maybe I'm search bar illiterate?

Anyways, I came across TWLOHA a few months ago and...well quite honestly it saved my life. I'm just wondering how many Pit Monkeys out there know of TWLOHA, and how many of you are on the street team like me

Also, is there a group for this? If not, there will be one soon.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
10,000 points says this thread will warrant a great big collective, EMOOOOO chant towards you. That being said, TWLOHA is actually more a cesspit of kids who cut themselves for attention than a great life saver, but if it does help the occasional few who really have a problem, then I guess I don't mind it.
Quote by NGD1313
10,000 points says this thread will warrant a great big collective, EMOOOOO chant towards you. That being said, TWLOHA is actually more a cesspit of kids who cut themselves for attention than a great life saver, but if it does help the occasional few who really have a problem, then I guess I don't mind it.

Not every member can be a sob-story straight from the headlines. It's better to have people walk around as living advertisments for the website than to have the website be unknown.

There are far more sob-stories than you'd think, though, as opposed to the amount of people who just wear the shirts. The street teams require you to be active in promoting the site, otherwise you get kicked off.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
I admire the purpose of TWLOHA but people don't take the real reason for it into consideration. Oh well, they need the money, they might as well get all the scene kids with their sidekicks and vanity obsession to buy their clothes.
Quote by NotAGuitarHero
The street teams require you to be active in promoting the site, otherwise you get kicked off.

And when they do get kicked off, how do they cope with the failure? They cut themselves, thereby making this organization one that supports the cutting of wrists.
Pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the f***ing car.
I love pulp...
Someone told me there's a girl out there
With love in her eyes and flowers in her hair...

I will find this girl.

Emmmooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

O

O
Saved ur life...? Try depending on urself instead of some group of effups trying to fix effups. No point in fixing effups; once an effup, always an effup.

And so the legend of the TWOLLYTWINGLETWLOHA continues... and in a parallel lane, the legend of the effups.

I rest my case.
what is this we are talking about guys?
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Quote by HaKattack
What is it, exactly?

It is an organization that serves primarily as an information center for dealing with depression and suicidal thoughts. They heavily help and promote the International Suicide Helpline (1-800-SUICIDE). They work heavily through bands as well to promote the causes, although they mainly aim for mainstream bands like Paramore and Cute is What We Aim For. I'm not sure of all the bands that are involved, but there are a lot.

They also help cover costs of the International Suicide Helpline by using funds from T-Shirt sales to support the bills.

It's a great website that serves as a link between teens and the ISH, as well as just overall help for them. They're a great community. There's a lot more but the website covers what I miss. I'd post a link but then I'd likely get warned for advertising and then consequently banned.

I'm more interested to see what other UG'ers have heard about the site, and what their stories may be.
Quote by top shelf

Quote by Tubyboulin
this seems like an ad that i feel like reporting. but i never report.
Dustin Kensure from Thrice supports them.
And thats as far as i'll go as for supporting them.

Its very emo and has ended up as a Scene fad. Which is pretty sad cuz its a pretty decent organisation with a good cause.

Quote by Z_cup_boy
I admire the purpose of TWLOHA but people don't take the real reason for it into consideration. Oh well, they need the money, they might as well get all the scene kids with their sidekicks and vanity obsession to buy their clothes.

This basically.

The only reason people seem to support them is cuz they want those shirts cuz they've seen Dustin Kensure, Hayley Williams and some other musicians wearing those for gigs.
Last edited by af_the_fragile at Sep 17, 2008,
how did it save your life?
I heard about em some time ago, bought a shirt then lost interest after i got my shirt
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Hell_Metalist
Saved ur life...? Try depending on urself instead of some group of effups trying to fix effups. No point in fixing effups; once an effup, always an effup.

And so the legend of the TWOLLYTWINGLETWLOHA continues... and in a parallel lane, the legend of the effups.

I rest my case.

1)Just say fuck, effup looks and sounds stupid and immature.

and 2) I suppose you're against organizations like Alcoholics Anonymous, as well?
<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by chrischarboner
ha the shirts look like this

WTF?!

, that's so perfect.

I've seen a few (2-5) people wear those shirts at my school. I suffered from clinical depression (the kind that needs meds, not the kind you get for being overly emotional) and even I think this is pretty cheesy. But if it helps...
Quote by chrischarboner

Lol!!!!
Now thats a t-shirt i'ld like to wear at gigs!!!
All the emo and scene kids wearing these make me sick. They give those of us with real problems a bad name.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by chrischarboner

That's terrible.

In my restless dreams...
I see that town.
Silent Hill.
You promised you'd take me there again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now.
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you.

Quote by jmonko
how did it save your life?
I heard about em some time ago, bought a shirt then lost interest after i got my shirt

Nearly killed myself with injections a few months ago while I was going through a rocky patch in my life. I found the website, found the I.S.H., called it, and haven't looked back since.

Also, I'm going to repeat this again and again, since it appears I have to:

THIS IS NOT INTENDED AS A SOLE ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE WEBSITE. I'M ASKING WHO HAS HEARD ABOUT IT, AND ANY EXPERIENCES OTHER PEOPLE MAY HAVE HAD WITH THE ORGANIZATION

Back to the topic at hand: I'm glad to see I'm not the only one dealing with clinical depression.
Quote by top shelf

Quote by Tubyboulin
Quote by NotAGuitarHero
Back to the topic at hand: I'm glad to see I'm not the only one dealing with clinical depression.

Well it's pretty common at this point, sort of. A lot of people who take meds for it and stuff usually don't even understand that there's a difference between being depressed because of this or that and actually being clinically depressed for no reason.

My mom has started taking anti-depressants but she doesn't even need them. She's just helping to foster a statistic that's probably false.
Quote by musiclover2399
Well it's pretty common at this point, sort of. A lot of people who take meds for it and stuff usually don't even understand that there's a difference between being depressed because of this or that and actually being clinically depressed for no reason.

My mom has started taking anti-depressants but she doesn't even need them. She's just helping to foster a statistic that's probably false.

I'm sorry to hear that your mother is on anti-depressants. Even if its not "Depression for no reason" as you put it, if it is severe enough that a psychologist prescribed anti-depressants, then I'm sorry to hear about it.
Quote by top shelf

Quote by Tubyboulin
Quote by NotAGuitarHero
I'm sorry to hear that your mother is on anti-depressants. Even if its not "Depression for no reason" as you put it, if it is severe enough that a psychologist prescribed anti-depressants, then I'm sorry to hear about it.

Thanks man, really. It's just a little weird for me I guess.
Quote by musiclover2399
Thanks man, really. It's just a little weird for me I guess.

It can be a little weird. The first time I heard someone talk about anti-depressants, I was skeptical. I still am a bit skeptical about them and I try to stay away from them as much as I can. Sometimes simply having someone there for you can be as good as the little pills that doctors give you.

Instead of pills, I've set up a system where I'll call one of my friends out of the blue and talk if I start feeling "down" as I've come to call it. "Down" usually comes right before "depressed", where I'll get caught in a slump for a day or two. It's been happening less and less, and I've essentially worked myself as far away from pills as possible. I just don't feel right taking pills for something that's such a mental thing.
Quote by top shelf

Quote by Tubyboulin
What the hell is that thing? A band or smtg? A book perhaps?

EDIT: My bad, didn't read all the posts.
Professional Tracking, Mixing and Mastering available.
Available for live sound, consultation and rig/ system designing in and around the Montreal, CA area.
PM for details.

Past clients/ credits include: The Catalyst, Click! and Alain Caron.
Quote by af_the_fragile
Dustin Kensure from Thrice supports them.
And thats as far as i'll go as for supporting them.

Pretty much this.

I think they do a good thing, and I'm glad I haven't seen all the scenemo kids here wearing the shirts. I might buy one, even if I didn't wear it. Just to help a bit.
I'm wearing one of thems shirts right now that I got as a present.

It's a pretty sweet shirt. Ridiculously comfy.

Quote by HaKattack
1)Just say fuck, effup looks and sounds stupid and immature.

and 2) I suppose you're against organizations like Alcoholics Anonymous, as well?

ok... F|_|CK you. Here, that prolly works better. And I thought they had censoring engines for UG...

Alcoholics anonymous... well, let's c here. Something really bad comes up, do u try to fix it/move on? or do u drink till ur liver turns into beeswax? hmm...

Oh and thanks for the immaturity label, truly genuine
^Ugh, what a truly disgusting outlook on these sort of things you have.

Anyway, I think it is a great organization. I dont really understand why people are complaining about how it is a fad, though. I'm glad its a fad! That just means more people buy shirts and help fuel the organization. And if you are wearing one of these shirts to be unique and individual, you should probably reevaluate yourselves before you condemn others.

Great site, great non-profit, and I have a shirt myself.

http://www.twloha.com/
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
I was the first person at my school to wear their merch stuff, then all the scene kids did it and thats why I lost intrest.
i wish people didn't take it so lightly, it's definitely become as fashionable as Livestrong bracelets, though people have probably forgotten about Livestrong.
I just found out about this thing this week.

wasn't the tenth of november the annual TWLOHA day?
I wrote love on my arms.

Its a good organization. It sucks when stupid people complain of the "emo kids wearing the shirts."

Learn what it is before you bash.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
I know of it
I've given money to it
but I still don't really get what it does?
Can someone explain it properly?
Quote by jmonko
I was the first person at my school to wear their merch stuff, then all the scene kids did it and thats why I lost intrest.

Ah come on, that shouldn't make you lose interest! It just means that the organization is growing! That should be a good thing.

Would you stop caring about curing cancer if it became the "cool" thing to support ending cancer? I would think not.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Its just an emo fad, and it should be To Write Love on His Arms because there is a higher percentage of boys who commit suicide than girls.
Fear the Evil Chainsaw Wielding Penguin...
Quote by zippidyduda
Ah come on, that shouldn't make you lose interest! It just means that the organization is growing! That should be a good thing.

Would you stop caring about curing cancer if it became the "cool" thing to support ending cancer? I would think not.

No, I was really into it, then people who didnt know what it was was getting the shirts. Its not that all the douchebags starting wearing the shirts its that I just lost intrest, they got my money. I helped in a way, I gave them money and spread the word. My work is done.
Page 1 of 2