Hey guys I havent been playin for long, but I was just wondering how I would play these chords.

Bbmaj7
x
x

Ebmaj7
x
x

For example how would i mute the a string and the e string on the bottom in the Bbmaj7 chords? thanks guys
With your index finger as if you were barring it, but don't actually press down.
I would play it pressing down on the e string with my index, mute the a with my index, play the d and g with my ring and pinky, then play the b string with my middle finger, muting the high e with your index. That's probably the best I can explain it but if you have another question ask away.
Last edited by tona_107 at Sep 16, 2008,
you could use your thumb to fret the 6th fret on the Bbmaj7, and the tip of your thumb to mute the A string. then just use the palm of your fretting hand to mute the high E.

as for the other chord, just bar with your index, because that note is the same as the 8th fret on the D string, but try not to strum that particular string if you only want the above chord.
I would say the easiest way to play these types of chords would be to pick the lowest note with the pick and use your free fingers on your right hand to pluck the rest. Granted this does give it a different sound...but if nothing else it adds another technique to your arsenal
Andy