Page 1 of 2
Legendary Squat Punks Amebix have quite a history behind them. Influencing legions of hardcore and metal alike. The band mixed punk imagery and tendencies with speed metal riffage and song structures,all compiled into gloomy soundscapes of all sorts of dark subject matter.
Myspace
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

killer band! also check out axegrinder!
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Great stuff, I've always thought they sounded a bit like Venom but that's just me.

So I've got Monolith, what should I get next?
Quote by Riffmast
Legendary Squat Punks Amebix have quite a history behind them. Influencing legions of hardcore and metal alike. The band mixed punk imagery and tendencies with speed metal riffage and song structures,all compiled into gloomy soundscapes of all sorts of dark subject matter.
Myspace

awesome fucking bass. and drums... and everything.

great find.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Quote by Guitarmike123
Great stuff, I've always thought they sounded a bit like Venom but that's just me.

Monolith is their most metal oriented material. Go for Arise next, then No Sanctuary.
Quote by Psychopathology
Monolith is their most metal oriented material. Go for Arise next, then No Sanctuary.

Then I will get Arise
Wiiiiicked band.
Arise and the first EP are easily their best material, but that said, Coming Home remains one of my favorite songs ever.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
Quote by Guitarmike123

They remind me allot of Venom and Motorhead. I would recommend looking into "No Sanctuary". And if you can get the new Vinyl re issue. It has all the tracks from "Who's The Enemy", and "No Sanctuary" along with the "Winter" EP.This band has really blown me away in the last couple days.I love how loose and desolate their music sounds.
Quote by Steve08

u should check out dragonforce they soundalike
Quote by LPstudioWRz28
lol the only difference between mexican and american strats are that mexican strats are made by mexicans in mexico, and american strats are made by mexicans in america...
Quote by fanboy
u should check out dragonforce they soundalike

good one
Quote by Steve08

****ing insane band, I'm listening to Arise! right now. And what the ****, Dragonforce? Was that supposed to be a really bad joke?
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Last edited by MetalMessiah665 at Nov 14, 2008,
Fucking awesome band, indeed
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

I've had the song "Axeman" in my iTunes forever and always kept forgetting to get more of their material. What would you guys recommend as a starter album? Or should I go to Metal recs thread?
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Complete reviews and mp3 samples here:

Amebix rose from the heart of hardcore into the birthing origins of the crustcore movement, fashioning from the rejected elements of music around them a basic yet literate style of poetic, anti-abstract, individualist hardcore. Power chords and strict rhythm riffing counterbalance melodies embedded within the transitions and verses of nihilistic music. In many ways not dissimilar to other pop from England, these songs twist themselves around an attitude wrung from thematic conflict which is revealed late in each piece. Aspects of drone and primalism accent the rawness and directness of the music.

Amebix
Quote by CFH82
I've had the song "Axeman" in my iTunes forever and always kept forgetting to get more of their material. What would you guys recommend as a starter album? Or should I go to Metal recs thread?

Arise! and Conservationist, why do you keep posting links to anus.com in band threads?
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by MetalMessiah665
Arise! and Conservationist, why do you keep posting links to anus.com in band threads?

Thank you my good sir
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Quote by Conservationist
It's the best review of it you're going to get. Also, I wrote it. Do you want me to type it down into this thread so you feel gratified in being pedantic?

Oh, ok, I didn't know that it was yours. I wasn't even really insulting you or anything, I was just curious.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
great band.
i think that bass noise for this kind of crust metal (amebix, hellhammer, gallhammer) is killer
Quote by MetalMessiah665
Oh, ok, I didn't know that it was yours. I wasn't even really insulting you or anything, I was just curious.

Fair enough by me

We try to put out the review, with mp3s, so more people get into the good bands, because there's too much mediocre metal out there.
I love Amebix's lyrics:
"Roses are red, sometimes violets are blue, but we're always puking on cider and glue." - Sunshine Ward

"So DRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNK AND BE MERRYYYYYYYYYYYY, For tomorrow, we may die!" - Drink and be Merry
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Oh hey, I didn't notice there was an Amebix thread in the Metal forum too. Neato.

Anyway, I'm going to see them in Seattle with Tragedy and Massgrave. Is anyone else seeing them on their reunion tour?
Does this band really fit here? They're on MA, but I always associated them with punk moreso than metal.

Meh, they slay regardless of where they go. Arise! is badass. I still have to get Monolith and No Sanctuary.
Yeah, they probably shouldn't be here, but oh well. I'm not complaining, insane band.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by Psychopathology
Monolith is definitely metal.

Oh, that's actually the only of theirs I don't have. I have Arise! And all their EPs before it. Is Monolith worth getting?
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
who cares, imo... lol
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Does Monolith sound close to Hellhammer/Celtic Frost at times to anyone else?

Either way, Amebix are one of the best bands of any genre.
Drink and be merry, for tomorrow we may die.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
I must say No Sanctuary is ridiculously good punk,better then Arise maybe.
Quote by Steve08

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wozz4mJzIiE&feature=youtu.be

New song up. Doesnt sound too much like old Amebix...but I think it sounds great! Very cool gothic vibe to it, as well as the clear Killing Joke influence.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Page 1 of 2