Is the PRS SE Singlecut an arch-top or a flat top? I was looking at a few the other day and I noticed that the SE Customs were flat tops but I couldn't tell if the Singlecuts were arched or not. Anyone know for sure?
flat top
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by JLT73
flat top

No they aren't. Singlecuts do indeed have slight carved tops (if the lighting doesn't make it obvious enough).

Go to 6:00 if you need proof.
Quote by T!AN
No they aren't. Singlecuts do indeed have slight carved tops (if the lighting doesn't make it obvious enough).

Go to 6:00 if you need proof.

Ok, thanks very much. Is the carve on the singlecut about the same as the SC250?

EDIT: Also, is the tremolo arm supposed to be so loose and slide in on the trem version?
Last edited by AsShadowsRemain at Sep 17, 2008,
Anyone know? I'm heading to bed soon and I may be interested in picking one up tomorrow but I'm not sure if those are non-issues. The salesman didn't know either when I asked him about it...
Um I played a singlecut SE about two months ago - its slightly archtopped and sorry I don't know about the trem arm coz I only played the regular one. Very nice guitars, but I'd recommend the PRS SE Custom Semi-Hollow Body model. They're just beauty, and incredibly diverse so you can play metal and whatever else you might want. But if you're hellbent on getting a solid body and you're looking at a student model, I would go no further than the SE singlecut. The action and finish is just so excellent, it will last you for years. Sorry if my rant has just irritated you, just trying to help.