Hey yall, I just finished a cover of Radiohead's Reckoner off In Rainbows. A list instruments used are guitar, bass, programmed drums, vocals and harmony vocals, keyboards, synths, and some random stuff like snapping and clapping. I'd particularly like feedback on vocals and mixing, but anything is welcome.

It's in my profile. I used Logic Pro for this, and I really like it so far. Crit for Crit as usual.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
This is my favorite song off in rainbows... I still have to listen to your cover ahah but I got excited.

Edit: Now that I've actually listened to the thing I can say you did a great job putting it all together and getting it to sound as good as it, because it does sound great. I liked how you did something neat with the intro there, but I couldn't really hear it cause my laptop speakers suck. Obviously there is something to be desired with the vocals, but it's not like you thought you were going to be able to hit Thom's highs anyways.
So even though the vocals weren't the greatest, and I didn't really think your voice fit the song, but the mixing was awesome, and as a whole I thought it was amazing. Must have been tough.
Last edited by tona_107 at Sep 17, 2008,
i luved the guitar and the whole flow of the song and very nice recording

The vocals were good and i luved Nahual...i was laughing after hearing it
Hi,

First of all, I have to disagree with the guy above ^, you sound totally Radiohead, I mean you're not Thom Yorke but you sure catch the wailing sadness in his voice, cheers for that! I didn't know the song (I downloaded In Rainbows but haven't got around listening to it yet) but the recording was so spot on that for a moment, I thought I was listening to Radiohead that means good job man! Well done!

Cheers! And thanks for critting mine!
ZeG
Quote by dEipHoBoS
u sound a little bit like kermit but other than that really good job

Quote by lunahunterz
i was laughing after hearing it

Thanks for the... compliments?
Quote by allislost
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Quote by aetherspear
Thanks for the... compliments?

oh come on!
this might notve been very constructive criticism but anyway you gotta admit that your vocals sound strange in a way
Well I'm sure they do, it's just a bit hard for me to hear my own voice from a different point of view. I'll just agree with you to save time.
Quote by allislost
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Quote by aetherspear
Well I'm sure they do, it's just a bit hard for me to hear my own voice from a different point of view. I'll just agree with you to save time.

Don't let that put you down though. I mean, does Thom Yorke's voice sound "normal" to anybody here? Personally, I think aetherspear has a special voice that does not at all sound "funny".. It has the kind of vibrating sound that characterises Thom Yorke's voice, and makes it sounds kind of sad and emotional..
I really like your voice and your cover is fantastic! Don't let those comments let you down, your singing is too good, it would be a shame if you didn't sing anymore because some people don't like your voice..

Cheers!
ZeG