I know Blackheart is a subsidiary of Crate, but while I was looking at some amp prices I noticed that the Crate V18 and a 5 watt Blackheart have the exact same price ($799NZ).
Is there any real difference between the two amps, or is it just that Blackheart have a better reputation than Crate so that they can sell a lower wattage amp at the same price?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
It's more about the quality of components over wattage.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
So the Blackheart has better quality components?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
i think it is somewhat diluted by where you live. The Crate V18s are on sale in the states for $149. The BH-5 is $349.

Even so, I would have to say the Blackheart is prolly a little better quality but idk. There are other things that affect price too like features, channels, availability, supply and demand, etc.
I myself am saving up for a BH LG to upgrade from my MG30DFX. Then after that its a car and new guitar or Tiny Terror!!
Seriously though, the Blackheart is a really nice tone.
Yeah the Blackhearts sound really nice when cranked, they can get over a drummer too.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
i think it is somewhat diluted by where you live. The Crate V18s are on sale in the states for $149. The BH-5 is $349.

Even so, I would have to say the Blackheart is prolly a little better quality but idk. There are other things that affect price too like features, channels, availability, supply and demand, etc.

That being the key.