Certain variations of like a G# chord or a C# chord really drive me nuts. Chords with 2 muted strings I find it very difficult to play smoothly. Like this one G# chord is driving me insane. I cant even find a damn picture of it so im just gonna tab it

E:--4--
B:--x--
G:--5--
D:--1--
A:--x--
E:--4--

Theres alot of chords like this that I struggle with, when im playing with a pick that is. Whats a good way to get these chords to play these chords smoothly. My only idea right now is to try an bend the notes im fretting just enough so I can use the same finger to mute the strings that need to be muted. Its worked with some other chords that have 1 muted string.
dont bend the other strings. just lower your finger so it just touched the muted strings
Quote by samburl
dont bend the other strings. just lower your finger so it just touched the muted strings

haha i didnt mean bend the strings, just meant bending/controlling ur fingers to mute the others sorry for inconvenience
Players like hendrix and frusciante would play the bass note with their thumb over the neck, it doesn't work for everyone though especially me (sore thumb doesn't fit over neck) and because I would play that as a barre chord I would definately get some unwanted noise so I would have no choice but to change the voicing of the chord.

As for you give the old thumb over the neck a try and see how it feels.
Last edited by Helpy Helperton at Oct 6, 2008,