Page 1 of 3
ok well i get my rg1570 in 2 weeks and im going to customise. i want to take the middle pickup out all together and change the 5 way slider switch to a 3 way toggle switch. i want to know like where i could get this done at cause i dnt know where any custom shops r in sydney australia, and roughly how much it will cost to do so?
FOR SALE: MESA BOOGIE STUDIO PREAMP
Ship Worldwide, Message me for details.
why dont you wait until you get the guitart and see how you like it the way it is before customizing it. and you will loose alot of versatility taking the single coil out as you wont be able to coil tap as well
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
Quote by Dan shreds
why dont you wait until you get the guitart and see how you like it the way it is before customizing it. and you will loose alot of versatility taking the single coil out as you wont be able to coil tap as well

well i never use middle pickups and therefore never use coil taps. so thats not a problem
That would look ghastly with a big hole in the middle of the guitar and no pickup, maybe u should by an RG prestige that comes with only 2 pickups so u wont have this problem. Shame to ruin the looks of such a nice guitar.

I got one, and i never use the mid pickup, but y wud u take it out, its going to be of more use then no pickup. I think u should wait and c how they sound, despite everyones poor reviews on the V pickups on these, they dont sound to bad, especially the bridge pickup, has a nice trashy tone good for metal
RG's & Mesa's
Just leave it as it is, there's absolutely no reason to swap the switch - you don't use those positions now but you will do....positions 2 and 4 for example are pretty much essential on an RG if you want decent clean tones, you'll struggle to get those chimey Dream Theater or Metallica tones without them.

Spending that much on a guitar only to immediately start wasting more money gouging chunks out of it and fannying around is plain daft. You've been playing for all of 9 months, do you honestly think that you're entire guitar-playing existence is set in stone already? Think about it, you've barely even started.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Sep 17, 2008,
Quote by steven seagull
Just leave it as it is, there's absolutely no reason to swap the switch - you don't use those positions now but you will do....positions 2 and 4 for example are pretty much essential on an RG if you want decent clean tones, you'll struggle to get those chimey Dream Theater or Metallica tones without them.

Spending that much on a guitar only to immediately start wasting more money gouging chunks out of it and fannying around is plain daft. You've been playing for all of 9 months, do you honestly think that you're entire guitar-playing existence is set in stone already? Think about it, you've barely even started.

well wat if i take the middle pickup out. and get the 2 humbuckers coil tapped so u can get versatility wsithout the annoying middle pickup?
Quote by nathan549
well wat if i take the middle pickup out. and get the 2 humbuckers coil tapped so u can get versatility wsithout the annoying middle pickup?

Are you doing this just because the middle pickup affects your picking?... you cant just randomly coil tap non coil tappable pickups...

just get a hellraiser FR instead, better all round
yeah actually what seagul said is correct i meant i dont use the guitar in the middle switch position, but i use the middle pickup all the time in positions 2 and 4. Even if u do get 2 humbuckers, u may as well keep the middle pickup for extra versatility.

I found the middle pickup got in the way when i first got the guitar, but now im used to it and its not a problem.
RG's & Mesa's
Quote by Epic_chef
Are you doing this just because the middle pickup affects your picking?... you cant just randomly coil tap non coil tappable pickups...

just get a hellraiser FR instead, better all round

well obviously lol. do you think the hellraiser fr is beter then the rg1570?

oh and no just never use it and there wouldnt be any reason to start using it
Last edited by nathan549 at Sep 17, 2008,
Quote by nathan549
well obviously lol. do you think the hellraiser fr is beter then the rg1570?

oh and no just never use it and there wouldnt be any reason to start using it

have you done any research at all? your about to spend $900, it takes less then 20 minutes to think about what you want, check the websites and ask around... jesus

The hellraiser has better pickups imo, especially for metal, has better wood (mahogany vs basswood), better electronics (2 volume and 1 tone vs 1 tone 1 volume), and the as far as single coils go... the hellraiser (the new 2008 models) have coil tappable EMG"s... so your cleans are there as well, oh, and the general appearance is a thousand times better, gothic cross inlays, quilted maple top... and yeah... well
Quote by Scream And Fly
What's wrong with the middle pickup?

this^
Gear:
ESP/LTD EC-1000
Ibanez 540S MIJ 1990
PodXT
Micro Cube
Quote by Epic_chef
have you done any research at all? your about to spend $900, it takes less then 20 minutes to think about what you want, check the websites and ask around... jesus

The hellraiser has better pickups imo, especially for metal, has better wood (mahogany vs basswood), better electronics (2 volume and 1 tone vs 1 tone 1 volume), and the as far as single coils go... the hellraiser (the new 2008 models) have coil tappable EMG"s... so your cleans are there as well, oh, and the general appearance is a thousand times better, gothic cross inlays, quilted maple top... and yeah... well

well the wood is oppinionated aswell. but the overall build quality of a schecter (korea) isnt as good as the prestiege seires of ibanez (japan). and ive never really seen the point in having 2 volume!. 2 tones yes but volume weird to me IMO.
I agree, i find the ibanez rg's to be nicer guitars to play than the schecter's, but maybe u should get a RG that only has 2 humbuckers rather than the 1570 that way u can have the guitar the way u want it (no mid pickup) with the pickups u want and without a brutal hole in the middle of your guitar
RG's & Mesa's
Quote by e32lover
I agree, i find the ibanez rg's to be nicer guitars to play than the schecter's, but maybe u should get a RG that only has 2 humbuckers rather than the 1570 that way u can have the guitar the way u want it (no mid pickup) with the pickups u want and without a brutal hole in the middle of your guitar

i was thinking of that something like the rgt42dx but its not prestige which worrys me about build quality
Surely their is a RG prestige with only 2 pickups no?

My mate just bought a RG321, it cost about 1/3rd of what i paid for my RG1570, it is a non-prestige RG, and unless your a pro like me, you would be hard pressed to tell the difference (except for the weight), These guitars have a fixed bridge and my mate chucked in 2 Seymour Duncan's (SH2&4), and now hes got a guitar that is basically identicle to an RG P, but sounds much better and has a fixed bridge.

I think a lot of ppl make the mistake of buying a FR equiped guitar early on in their guitar life, but it will just be a novelty that you'l prob never use for years until you are much much better at the guitar.

Just an idea, u could get an RG321, it has 2 pickups, u could chuck in 2 VERY GOOD pickups, and it will still come to less then half of what you'd pay for a Prestige, and the qualities still very very good, much better than epiphone in fact much better than most other korean or indonesian made guitars that i have played.

Otherwise just get the 1570 and keep it stock for a while till u figure out what kind of sound u like, hence what pickups to buy. I think youl find that u will prob start to enjoy f'ing around with the mid pickup up 2 u good luck
RG's & Mesa's
Quote by e32lover
Surely their is a RG prestige with only 2 pickups no?

My mate just bought a RG321, it cost about 1/3rd of what i paid for my RG1570, it is a non-prestige RG, and unless your a pro like me, you would be hard pressed to tell the difference (except for the weight), These guitars have a fixed bridge and my mate chucked in 2 Seymour Duncan's (SH2&4), and now hes got a guitar that is basically identicle to an RG P, but sounds much better and has a fixed bridge.

I think a lot of ppl make the mistake of buying a FR equiped guitar early on in their guitar life, but it will just be a novelty that you'l prob never use for years until you are much much better at the guitar.

Just an idea, u could get an RG321, it has 2 pickups, u could chuck in 2 VERY GOOD pickups, and it will still come to less then half of what you'd pay for a Prestige, and the qualities still very very good, much better than epiphone in fact much better than most other korean or indonesian made guitars that i have played.

Otherwise just get the 1570 and keep it stock for a while till u figure out what kind of sound u like, hence what pickups to buy. I think youl find that u will prob start to enjoy f'ing around with the mid pickup up 2 u good luck

well i already use trems anyways seeing as i play alot of halen and vai so a fixed bridge wongt cut it for me. and i think il just keep it how it is and just put a pickguard and shit on it
Quote by Scream And Fly
My opinion - if you want an awesome guitar that costs less than the RG1570, get the Jackson DK2M. I have both an RG570 and a DK2M and they are both awesome guitars.

nah the cost of the rg1570 is perfect for me so thats alright, i was deciding on either getting the 1570 or the 2550e but they onli main diff iss the pickups which im changing anyways, pickguard which im adding, and shark tooth inlays which i love but im nto ganan spend another 600 dollars just for some nice inlays
Quote by Epic_chef

NONONO!! dont push him. He has been nagging FOR MONTHS NOW with threads on which we only could reply: "Personally i prefer this, but you will have to test yourself". Now after MONTHS, he FINALLY made a decision (without testing offcourse ), and now you ask if he did enough research. lol
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
NONONO!! dont push him. He has been nagging FOR MONTHS NOW with threads on which we only could reply: "Personally i prefer this, but you will have to test yourself". Now after MONTHS, he FINALLY made a decision (without testing offcourse ), and now you ask if he did enough research. lol

Why is he buying this guitar, just to take out the pickups, change the pickups, change the pickguard? is it just me or... um.. wtf
Quote by Epic_chef
Why is he buying this guitar, just to take out the pickups, change the pickups, change the pickguard? is it just me or... um.. wtf

Sorry let me elaborate, out of the guitar, what excatly do you like about it considering your removing the middle pickup, changing the pickups, and then changing the other pickups? and then adding a pickguard?

whats so great about it that you want? the basswood body or..?
Just let him walk his weird path. He doesnt listen anyway.
The times i told him to take a trip to a guitarstore to actually test a guitar...
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by Epic_chef
Sorry let me elaborate, out of the guitar, what excatly do you like about it considering your removing the middle pickup, changing the pickups, and then changing the other pickups? and then adding a pickguard?

whats so great about it that you want? the basswood body or..?

well im ganna leave the middle pickup in it. just changing the pickups which id do on any guitar i buy anways to have the tone i want which dnt come stock, im adding a pickguard cause i love the look of rgs with pickguards, but im not ganna pay 600 more for the 2550e which comes with the pickguard wen i can just add one myself.
well the guitar is prestige which means its built really great im not ganna buy like a guitar that has good pickups and shit if the guitar is built in indonesia or something building quality comes first before anything, u can change most things on a guitar building quality u cnt change so by the fact that it is a prestige model its like garunteed to have great build quality
Quote by nathan549
well im ganna leave the middle pickup in it. just changing the pickups which id do on any guitar i buy anways to have the tone i want which dnt come stock, im adding a pickguard cause i love the look of rgs with pickups, but im not ganna pay 600 more for the 2550e which comes with the pickguard wen i can just add one myself.
well the guitar is prestige which means its built really great im not ganna buy like a guitar that has good pickups and shit if the guitar is built in indonesia or something building quality comes first before anything u can change most things on a guitar building quality u cnt change so by the fact that it is a prestige model its like garunteed to have great build quality

Why not buy a guitar with the pickups you want?

What pickups were you after? it seems you have something particular in mind
Quote by LP_CL
Just let him walk his weird path. He doesnt listen anyway.
The times i told him to take a trip to a guitarstore to actually test a guitar...

well right now i cnt go to test the guitars cause im too busy latley thats y i ask on here
Quote by Epic_chef
Why not buy a guitar with the pickups you want?

What pickups were you after? it seems you have something particular in mind

well if i were to get actives then go for some SD blackouts (but cause of the middle pickup i dnt know wat the **** to put in ahah. so i was thinking passives like an evo in the neck and middle and breed in the bridge
Quote by nathan549
well right now i cnt go to test the guitars cause im too busy latley thats y i ask on here

Yes, too busy posting on forums. If you add up all the time you've wasted here, i bet you can make a trip of 24h.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
Yes, too busy posting on forums. If you add up all the time you've wasted here, i bet you can make a trip of 24h.

haha yeh but guess wat i go on at night wen the shops r close so no it dnt work.
and wat u need to do LP_CL is stick to wat ppl ask and not give ur oppinions that have nothing to do with the topic. dnt answer a thread if u plan to give ur oppinions not directed to the question
Quote by nathan549
well if i were to get actives then go for some SD blackouts (but cause of the middle pickup i dnt know wat the **** to put in ahah. so i was thinking passives like an evo in the neck and middle and breed in the bridge

you realize its amazingly difficult and expensive to get actives into a guitar without them originally... so it would cost you another $300 to get actives into that guitar.
Quote by Epic_chef
you realize its amazingly difficult and expensive to get actives into a guitar without them originally... so it would cost you another $300 to get actives into that guitar.

oh stuff that then. do u know a good passive set that has really good distortive sounds but nice cleans aswell? would the evo & breed combo do this?
Quote by nathan549
and wat u need to do LP_CL is stick to wat ppl ask and not give ur oppinions that have nothing to do with the topic. dnt answer a thread if u plan to give ur oppinions not directed to the question

You're right, im sorry.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
You're right, im sorry.

its cool and btw im jealous of ur guitar *bloody rich people*
no matter how many opinions you've gotten, or how many people swear that it's a great guitar, you shouldn't buy one without at least trying it.

so what he's posting is relevant. you ask for advice and then ignore it. It's not as if you know better.

leave the pickup in. if it affects your picking that much lower it. you don't know what you'll be playing in 6 months time. Up until a few months ago I was adamant I wasn't gonna have single coils on my next guitar. now I'm searching for a decent HSS guitar with a floyd and good upper fret access.

buying a good guitar so early on in your 'career' (for lack of a better word) isn't such a great idea as you won't have developed into the player that you'll end up being. when my mate started playing he was into nu metal, now he's a classic rock fan and is into experimental music and in between he's been into shred, bit of blues, indie and death metal. and that's only over the space of about 5 or 6 years.

versatility is what you want when you're relatively new.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
I'd be more inclined to go for a pair of Breeds to be honest.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Lemoninfluence
no matter how many opinions you've gotten, or how many people swear that it's a great guitar, you shouldn't buy one without at least trying it.

so what he's posting is relevant. you ask for advice and then ignore it. It's not as if you know better.

leave the pickup in. if it affects your picking that much lower it. you don't know what you'll be playing in 6 months time. Up until a few months ago I was adamant I wasn't gonna have single coils on my next guitar. now I'm searching for a decent HSS guitar with a floyd and good upper fret access.

buying a good guitar so early on in your 'career' (for lack of a better word) isn't such a great idea as you won't have developed into the player that you'll end up being. when my mate started playing he was into nu metal, now he's a classic rock fan and is into experimental music and in between he's been into shred, bit of blues, indie and death metal. and that's only over the space of about 5 or 6 years.

versatility is what you want when you're relatively new.

well obviosuly im going to try out the guitar before im ganna buy it im trying to get rough ideas of which guitars im willing to buy so i can go test them out wen i have the time. wat he was saying before was not relevant to this. and just cause "your friend" did this dosent mean i will do this or anyone else for that fact
Last edited by nathan549 at Sep 17, 2008,
Quote by steven seagull
I'd be more inclined to go for a pair of Breeds to be honest.

ahk kool and what about for the middle pickup which ive already decided between half way of this thread that id keep in?
Page 1 of 3