Page 1 of 4
You guys know how it is sometimes when some guy who can play three chords on an acoustic impresses girls more than a genuinely talented shredder, Which songs do you guys reckon are songs which take heaps of skill and are overflowing with awesomeness
and if this were a just world would blow the guy with the accoustic out of the water when you can play them, on the impressing girls( or guys if your a girl( unless your a lesbian mmmmm)) front?
I always find a quick rendition of "Choking on Defecation" by Prostitute Disfigurement gets the ladies lubed...
Play Stairgay to Gheyvan.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Paganini's 24th Caprice. Putting a twist on the guy your talking about's iv v i progression and replacing the iv with a Neopolitan 6! That's bound to get her wet.
Patrick Star of The Jelly fishing Club PM darkstar2644 to Join
The solos in Children of Bodom's Kissing the Shadows.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst 500t/490r
Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier Rect-O-Verb Series 2 Head
Carvin vt412 4x12 cabinet
uh
jack johnson...
that is provided you can sing...
Quote by Alex The Red

If it doesn't have to do with tube amps or sex most of us don't really care..

Quote by Kutanmoogle

Looks like Lars Ulrich decided to become a hacker.

Quote by aaron6890
penises FTW

not in the gay way

<.<
>.>

play a dimebag solo, the great southern trendkill preferably. You'll look kick ass
Machine Head - Halo

Some fancy finger work there
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
Quote by maggot9779
I Cum Blood finally fits perfectly into a thread!!!!!!!

He said talented.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Which songs SHOULD impress the ladies?

Any that I play.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by Z_cup_boy
play a dimebag solo, the great southern trendkill preferably. You'll look kick ass

yea "Floods" solo is great if your playing Dime and theres lots of emotion in that solo so girls like that i guess. you could try playing some stupid poppy bands sh*t (mainstream radio bands) because she'll most likely know the song but that's only if your willing to stoop to that level.. i think alot of jimi hendrix's stuff has nice melodies girls would like. songs like "bold as love" or "little wing", or actually play and sing foxy lady..that should make her feel ..foxy.. but dude..ask girls what songs they like..if they're good, and not pop-sh*t learn them.
Last edited by FullMetalMayhem at Sep 17, 2008,
Cemetery Gates...it always works fine with the ladies
Guitars:

Ibanez SZ320
Ibanez RG450
Ibanez SC620
Bc Rich Warlock 7 String
ESP LTD SC-607

FX:

Digitech Whammy 4
Line 6 PodXT Live

Amp:

Line 6 Flextone 2
oh and if you like Killswitch Engage, you could always try "My Curse" alot of girls i know that dont really like metal, know and like the song (cuz its in guitar hero -_-), and has clean melodies she'll like and pounding riffs you'll like..im not too much of a fan myself but thats just me..anyways hope this helped. good luck dude..
Wonderwall
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by Z_cup_boy

+1000000000000000000000000000000

... like someone said before the solo from Floods is kickass ....
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Special II
ESP KH-202 with OFR
Hobner Acoustic
BOSS OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion pedal
Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby Wah Pedal
Laney P20 20-Watt 1x8 Amplifier
You can never-ever impress girls with your electric guitar when some dude with an acoustic is around.

It's just not meant to be, man!
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

whip out some steve vai (for the love of God, firewall), you might as well be boning her there and then
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Just play canon rock
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
Taylor - jack Johnson
Angelica - Tommy Emanuel

but the intro for Taylor is the only 'skillful' bit of it.
Quote by AiC
+1000000000000000000000000000000

... like someone said before the solo from Floods is kickass ....

amen bro...a-f*ckin-men..
Quote by Klayy
Andy McKee - Drifting

i find rylynn works just as well

or anything by newton faulkner.
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Tesla - Love song. Works for me. Nice classical intro, good solo, lots of soul.

Of course, depending on your age, she may not know it. But that's cool too, cuz she won't know what it's supposed to sound like and you can play it how you want.

Another good Tesla song if you want to go the acoustic styled route - Paradise

Dude - Just sell out, play the acoustic stuff, tap that a$$, then go hang out with the beers and bros and shred some Dime.
If you have a penis, you can impress a girl. Balls will gain additional points. You really don't need songs, just whip out little petrucci and slap him against the strings.
scarified!

Quote by nimrod_hahahaha
whip out some steve vai (for the love of God, firewall), you might as well be boning her there and then

personally for this i would actually go for tender surrender.
.|......|....|
=--
.............|

an unsaturated fattylolcid.
Quote by breakingcustom
Tenacious D - **** Her Gently

LMAO!! dude your the shit! your bound to win any woman over with lyrics like : "Whats your favorite posish? That's cool with me its not my favorite but I'll do it for you.."
I larff at the Dimebag fellation going on here.

Learning Wierd Fishes/Arpeggi by Radiohead at the moment, sounds sexual on an acoustic.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
The last girl who slept with me did so because of my rendition of Heart Shaped Box on an acoustic.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by nimrod_hahahaha
i find rylynn works just as well

or anything by newton faulkner.

Like....Full fat? Guaranteed to get their pants off!

Also, that 'Apologise' song...some guy played it on the piano yesterday, and even I swooned a little!
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
best way to impress a girl is to write a song about them, even if its shit it always hits a soft spot
My gear:
Ibanez jem555, rg320, rg170dx
Ashton gt100 amp
boss me50
why does this always come back to being a talented shredder? do you need to play fast to impress?

personally i think chuck some SRV stylings in with a well played rendition of Lenny XD noone in my area would have any idea what it is and just assume you're playing random stuff then playing with the whammy bar.
I am me. Live with it.
i always believed that it was the singing that impresses the girls and the guitar playing's sorta the sidedish.

i say something like Starry Night by Joe Satriani or something
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
playing guitar for other guitarists / musicians and playing guitar for people who don't know jack are vastly different.

to impress geetarists you'd have to crank out vai or summat.
to impress 'normals' all you'd have to play is smoke on the water. just the riff mind.

stop obsessing over how to impress chicks with your guitar prowess.
i think you'll find most of them don't give a ****.

(in a reluctant answer to your q:
'f.r.i.e.n.d.s.' theme, ini'!)
i flew beyond the sun before it was time
somehow playing electric without a band or a drummer to anyone but myself never seemed a good idea to me. maybe that is your problem. when you play to a non-guitarist they wont care how good you can shred, girls are impressed by the fact that you learned the song for them (if you did) or that you are a musician, an artist and to most of them the hunk who plays 3 chords on acoustic seems more of an artist than the guy who can shred like crazy or even blast out a soulful blues solo its totaly different when you play with a band and a girls is listening because then you play Music - one of the most beautiful things on earth, not just guitar. if you do that you might just get laid.
Page 1 of 4