ok im a noob at pedals and im looking at buying some stomp boxes...

The thing is i can't really afford to go for the top of the line stuff, so I've been looking at behringer...now I've heard the claims that they are just cheap and dodgy plastic
so i've looked around on the net...youtube, etc...and I've found a lot of people saying that they are actually quite competitive against the bigger brands, and that they can produce a decent sound...

So what do you guys think of this [all Behringer] set-up, and what could i change / whats better... :

(From Guitar to Amp)

1. Chromatic Tuner – TU300
2. Hell Babe Wah pedal – HB01
3. Blues overdrive – BO100
4. Ultra feedback / distortion – FD300
5. Ultra Phase shifter – UP100
6. Digital Reverb / Delay – DR400
Well Behringers Suck the Shit out of your Tone, so I wouldn't really Reccommend them anyway...But If ya gonna do it, behringer are okay with Basic Things, The Tuner and the delay would probably be fine...THE HELLBABE IS A PEICE OF SH*T! DO NOT GET IT!. As for the others, I'm not sure, but I'm Skeptical

Note: This is an opinion
I agree that Behringers suck If your goal is to try different effects I would recommend a multi-effects pedal. You basicly get 10-100(or more) different sounds from the same effect so in one pedal you can find atleast 500 sounds. But this is not an option if you're playing live and need to switch effects quickly.
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
If you can't afford much, go for Danelectro rather than Behringer. They may not be as solid as most, but their sound can compete with many more expensive pedals.

Also, DO NOT GET THE FRICKIN' HELL BABE! It is quite possibly the greatest turd disguised as a pedal in history.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
NO do not get behringer! listen bro I got one because I couldn't afford pedals either I got the FX600 pedal and I'm not saying that all of them will suck because I do not know that but from what I experienced I would never get any product by Behringer. I know a guy who has a 75 watt Behringer amp and even it sucks. k with the pedal I had it felt really cheap in less the 2 mins I noticed that the rubber part at the bottom of the pedal was coming of already and I only just opened it and the fx were just BAD. they made my amp sound really bad and weak, also the delay was just hopeless my amps built in delay owns this thing! when I put the delay on even with just a tiny little bit of distortion the delay would over lap each other but it all goes fuzzy because of it over lapping and it shouldn't sound bad like that but I couldn't even hear what I was playing. I only just sold it yesterday on ebay for $30 AUSD and I feel really bad for the guy who bought it so I would really just save up and get better brands even just second hand of ebay.

for delay I'd go for a second hand Line 6 echo park delay as The Edge from U2 uses it or a Boss DD-3. I'm saving up for either one. delay is my favorite effect so I couldn't help putting in my opinion.

or you could even just save for a line 6 pod 2.0 or Xt or Pocket whatever you find more suited to your needs.
Last edited by xXguitard00dXx at Sep 17, 2008,
so obviously ive ruled out the Hell Babe...

i think ill still get the basic tuner...and i guy in a store [and youtube] said that the blues overdrive was good...

so has anyone played with or heard the other 3?:

4. Ultra feedback / distortion – FD300
5. Ultra Phase shifter – UP100
6. Digital Reverb / Delay – DR400

cheers,
I still say that Danelectro stuff is probably better for you than Behringer. Look into a Pepperoni Phaser and a Wasabi Forward Reverse Delay. For distortion I reckon if you can find a tone you like with the FD300 go ahead, but if you can stretch just a little you can probably get a DigiTech Grunge or maybe even a DS-1.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Pedal buying tips:

If your going to cheap out on a distortion, get a fucking EQ pedal! I can not stress that enough. You can get so mucc more from a distortion pedal with an EQ pedal.

Behringer makes crap effects. Tuners and stuff like that are OK, distortions are crap.

Boss also makes crap distortion but they make pretty good other effects.
what amp are you putting this through? Some amps don't like pedals
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
yeh was looking at behringer amps, they are so cheap

whats a good distortion pedal?
or one that doesnt give too much distortion
ok so instead of the behringer blues overdrive, i found a similar pedal, the

Digitech, Screamin' Blues

opinions guys?
you get what ya pay for............imo it's better to get 1 quality pedal at a time. then 6 month from now have 5 or 6 cheap pedals sitting around as paper weights.
Quote by smitty-26
ok so instead of the behringer blues overdrive, i found a similar pedal, the

Digitech, Screamin' Blues

opinions guys?

If you're going to use it on its own through a solid state amp, the Boss SD-1 is better IMO. The Digitech Bad Monkey is a great pedal, but as a standalone OD I reckon the SD1 sounds better, and it's still cheap.

I have the old version of the tuner pedal you're looking at, TU100 I think. It does the job but it does suck tone a bit and the tuning can be a bit unresponsive sometimes. It's worth saving up for better pedals and buying them one at a time, I reckon, Behringers won't last you long.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music